• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't fix my transmission issue.

vitamink

I've written about this in the past. I have pulled this thing no less than 3 times, replaced every seal and it still leaks. The transmission fluid seems to be coming from the trans shroud. Any Ideas? Both the trans and transfer case are new. The puddle of transmission fluid is about 1 days worth.

IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2559.jpgIMG_2562.jpg

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would ask 1st if the trans is new or a remand unit, when you had it out did you see any wear marks on the converter seal area?
The seal can leave grooves in the converter some times they make a sleeve to put over the surface to give the seal a smooth fit.
I would also say to check (you can in truck) to see if its coming from the gasket on the front pump and not the seal.
I only say this because the seal will not make it leak after sitting a while but the gasket will. I hope this helps.

Steve

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the cover and pressure wash everything, then inspect with the cover off, before and after operation.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cover,can't come off without removing the exhaust crossover, and the starter...a wonderful design.
leak points...modulator o-ring, shift shaft seal, trans kickdown sensor seal, tranny dip stick tube seal.
those are,easy fixes and visible....then theres main converter seal and pump seal.
if it's in Leaking from the drain hole it most likely the front seal...but,removing the cover and getting a visual
will show you where it's coming from....but as stated above. Get it cleaned up....wipe it down wit brake cleaner.

Jeepsinker

That isn't the pan gasket. Someone probably put a new pump seal in without replacing the pump bushing. It will always leak until that bushing gets replaced. Either that or the converter is cracked. When you bolt up the converter to the flexplate, do you get proper converter drop? If not the convert or will be tight but cocked slightly sideways causing a leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks