• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover kit

Biggles

I can't seem to find any pictures. What is the difference between the cargo cover set up for a drop side deuce and the regular cargo cover? They have different NSN's but that's all I know. Does anyone have a drop side deuce with the correct cargo cover for it that I could compare to mine?

Biggles

hmm I think a couple of the bow's I already own are for a dropside then. I was owndering if that's what I had. I thought they were just newer.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dropside headache racks have a mount to store the uprights and corner pieces. They will fit the regular bed but you wont be able to store the uprights without some metal work. The dropside also has a place to store the cross bows under the front of the bed. As mentioned the dropside bows are quick disconnect. They also came in steel or wood cross bows, steel corner pieces, and the uprights were USUALLY fiberglass.

M35Brown

The corner Staves have notches or holes, for the locking pins. I don't know if there is any real differance in the cover. But my new GMA cover fits my dropside, they only offer one cover, and it fits.

Biggles

well that answers the question of what the @#&& do I have. now the next question is there a trick I don't know about to pull out the dents in my troop seat uprights? the wooden bows I have had to be hammered out and will hammered back in they would catch on all the dents and such in my metal uprights I'm afraid to do the same with my new fiberglass ones.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ALSO, two of the uprights aare shorter 'metal ones', in order to clear the locking pins that slide horizontally at the front and rear of the dropsides.

41cl8m5

I just did an install last weekend on a drop side kit on my m35a2. I did take pix but will not have time to post until this weekend. The drop side cargo cover kit will also work on the non drop side bed. The kit I got was dated 2007. It had fiberglass uprights that went inside the troop seat uprights and the bows and corners were steel. There are holes to permanently attach the bow corners to the bows. I just used the clips. not to hard of an install to do. the hardest part was getting the cover over the bows to "unrap it" and figuring out how to lash the "ropes" to the sides. Just a note, the new vinal cover does not like to move around so can be a little difficult to get properly placed on the front and rear corners. It took me and my 14 year old dauter about 2 hours to do the whole job with taking pix. I also used the: TM 9-2320-209-10-4 manual, It was real close on how to do it. Also TM 9-2320-361-10 will show the one piece cover on the install- mine only had the stencil for rear only on it no forward.

hope this helps

Gastrap

My new bow set must be a half-breed. I got regular steel corners & screwed everything together, but the steel bows have the quick detach pins. I cut the front & rear pins off the #1 & #5 bows, it looked like they would end up wearing through the cover pretty quickly, I also put some "gorilla Tape" over the screw heads on the bows that would contact the cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks