• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo lashing hook question

Stalwart

Any of you guys have these bolted to the bed of your Deuce? If so, what is the attaching bolt diameter? I plan to use stainless steel rivnuts and bolts and I need to buy more rivnuts of the correct size. I don't want to trust TNJ Murray to give me the correct hole dia., I trust you guys a whole lot more. Can somebody go measure, or are they welded onto the bed sides like they were on my HEMTT? I'm mounting them on aluminum, hence the rivnuts. I'm hoping 1/4" but I'd hate to guess wrong . . .

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Stalwart

CRAP, that was what I was worried about, mine were welded and hence had no holes to measure. I wonder what MV they actually bolted them to . . .

KsM715

I just ran out to my deuce to take a look. My truck has both the round bar type (your picture) and the flat style. The 2 round bar ones are rivited on, the flat style are all bolted on with 1/4-20 bolts. I dont know if that helps or not I dont really want to drill out one of the rivets just to find out. Not tonight anyways. If this were on a weekend I do it.

wiggall

I just ran out to my deuce to take a look. My truck has both the round bar type (your picture) and the flat style. The 2 round bar ones are rivited on, the flat style are all bolted on with 1/4-20 bolts. I dont know if that helps or not I dont really want to drill out one of the rivets just to find out. Not tonight anyways. If this were on a weekend I do it.
I can unbolt one of mine tomorrow, So there is no need for you to drill out a rivet!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of the ones I have seen are riveted or welded stock. If replaced they get bolts. HTH.
I also saved some from a bed I scrapped. Let me know if you need some more. How much are T&J murrey's? I thought I saw a price of $6 once. Thats crazy!

Stalwart

Yup, $6.00 in quantity. They were asking $20.00 each a while back! After spending MANY thousands on custom aluminum bed sides, $6.00 each for new ones sounds cheap. :D

Stalwart

For the 26 I need they went down to $5.00 ea., could be worse and I didn't have to ****er. <=== Nice, I put in a word that means to "haggle" and it turns NAUGHTY! :cookoo:

Last edited:

Stalwart

Thanks Wiggal! With the help of all of you guys, I got the correct stuff on the way and 52 - 25/64th" holes to drill, let the aluminum shavings fly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks