• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo partition divider question... Keeping rain out.

Thumper580

I understand the cargo partition divider keeps objects in the "bed" of the HMMWV from flying up into the passenger compartment if you stop suddenly.... However even if you seal the bottom and edges with, say silicon, rain water could still get into the passenger compartment because the rear curtain is on the passenger side of the cargo partition. Is this correct or am I missing something?... Sort of assuming the cargo partition would also keep water out, but it doesn't look like it...

DREDnot

You are correct.

The HMMWV had more engineering manpower dedicated to draining water out than keeping rain out.
The divider sits on top of two "feet" that hold it up so the bed channels are clear to drain rain into(or out of) the cab quickly and efficiently .DSCN7822.JPGDSCN7826.JPG

riderdan

So... that's how it's supposed to install, but you can avoid most of the problem (on a four-man setup) by installing the brackets that hold the divider ahead of the curtain. Then, get some of that foam they sell in rolls for sealing doors and windows and apply it along the bottom edge of the divider and seal it up (bottom and up the sides a couple of inches) with silicone. Mine still leaks a tiny bit, but it's not the "waterfall over the transmission tunnel" it was before.

Other advice: if you park on a slope, never park nose down and drill a hole or two to let the water out so it doesn't pool too deeply behind the cargo divider.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks