• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Castrol Transmax Dex/Merc the same as Dexron III?

Ang2gna

I looked for Dexron III in the auto store today and couldn't find it. The sales guy told me the Castrol Transmax Dex/Merc was the same as Dexron III and was safe to use. Has anyone used this or know if this is safe to use? I'm changing fluids tomorrow while waiting for my starter to be rebuilt. Thanks a lot!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dex III should be long gone from stores.
DEXRON-VI is the compatible replacement.
Walmart and everybody caries name brand and there own brand DEXRON-VI.

Ang2gna

Thanks 86humv, so it's safe to assume that the castrol I mentioned is safe to use? For some reason I thought Dex IV was not ok to use.

Blackmagic94

Tranny fluid is not all that important the type as long as you use the same fluid and don't mix

I run tractor hydraulic fluid in my race car th400 because it locks up tighter then a type f which locks up tighter then dex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks