• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW on Late Model Frame

rgguin

I had come across an old original CCKW open cab last year and was unable to talk the owner out of sending it to the scrap yard. Since then I have wondered about taking an old CCKW that was in bad shape and either putting the cab and front end on a late model one ton chassis or putting the late model running gear on the CCKW frame. Has anyone seen this done before? I saw several 1 1/2 ton 47 or 48 Chevys done this way at the National Hot Rod show in Louiville, Ky. a few years ago. They looked pretty neat, plus they had air and automatic. I like things to be original, but when you find one that is almost scrap it would be better to save part of it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't let Steve Keith aka deuce doctor hear this. He's got a CCKW that is mostly original and he's put over 50,000 miles on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks