• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cckw vin

paulfarber

Cargo body with winch, banjo axles. 83xxx SN puts it about mid 42 production. The SN only conveys axles type, body (cargo, tipper, fuel, water etc) and if it has a winch.

You really want to ask about what parts are specific to the mid 42 models. On cckw.org there is a PDF by sinderlin (I think I spelled that wrong) which will give a basic overview of the larger parts that should be on.

I gave you a preliminary list (and was flamed for it) so I will not repost it.

One word of caution I will post openly is that if you do not have original data plates realize that NONE of the repro's available are correct. And no data plate for a production truck was in brass.

You will also need the early TM-10s for parts/maint. The TM-10 maint manuals are easy to find.. e-bay has plenty of copies available. The later SNLs cover open and closed cabs, but they are 44-45 pub dates and the open cab stopped production in early late 42 and were completely over with in early 43.

Last edited:

wilco

date

Built 5-1-42. Looks mostly correct.
Has Norwegian data tags and an extra temp gauge in Centigrade.

Has short horn on manifold. I think it should have the long horn..

will post more pictures...

paulfarber

Some Norwegian things that will need to be looked into and replaced:

Panel lights
Turn signals
Steering wheel
Data plates (I know of no acceptable repro data plates for a 42)
Battery cut off on passenger side
gauges
Fire extinguisher bracket

There are many more, and pics will help.

Read that Sunderlin article... it will explain what NATO trucks went though... the 10th article in particular.

Get a copy of the TMs off e-bay, should not be more than $50 for the maint and parts manual on CD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks