• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

center pin positive or negative on slave cable??

bigfishtoys

my slave cable wires came out of the plug in end that plugs into the vehicle slave receptacle (drove off forgetting to unplug the trickle charger. Need to hook them up again to my battery trickle charger, but need to know if the center pin is positive or negative? Red (positive clamp) line of 24v trickle charger goes to center pin or to the outer ring contact plates? Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
I once saw this hooked up backward. Nothing bad will happen, until, yes, until, you hook up a slave cable to the plug, and the other end is hooked to a 24 VDC power source. Oh yes! Sparks and smoke! The really funny thing about it, the contractor who were supposed to be fixing the truck, kept pulling out the plug, talking about it, and then plugging it back in. Destroyed the cable and plug.

Since they had replaced a starter, well, naturally, that had to be the problem. Then they stared to change the starter. I asked them if they wanted me to help troubleshoot it. "No, we don't need help from ITT.", The company I worked for. So I took a seat and waited for Light Show #2. And was NOT disappointed. Then they came looked at where the slave cables hooked into the battery box. Red on Red, Black on Black. Good to GO!! About then, the NCO who was supposed to keep an eye on things, came over and asked me to look at it. I went over, took a DMM and went from chassis ground to the middle pin. Nothing. Chassis ground to the outside part of the plug. 24 volts. I laughed until I almost expired. At some point in time someone had unhooked the wires at the plug, and reattached them wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks