• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing Trans/Transfer/Differential Fluids

Dasgog

Hello!

So, I don’t have a fancy layout. I have my Deuce parked side yard on the dirt. There’s no comfort, no shade, no mechanics tools.
Last time I changed all my fluids, I sat under/laid on my back in the dirt with a stupid ass hand pump (that blew the lid off many times under pressure and all over me) and SURELY the guys having to change fluids on 50 or so trucks “quickly” have a better solution.
Is something like this a good choice or is there better/different? I don’t care about $$. Certain things you need to invest in, I’m good with that;

I know it says FUEL but the box at the store says “Oil Transfer Pump”.

Also, and if I am wrong I apologize but I lost my notes…. Is this correct fluid/oil for Transfer/Trans/Gear Box and Differential? I’m trying to recall my notes.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dasgog I dont mean this to offend you at all but in case you didnt know all the TMs for the Deuce are on this site and can be viewed anytime you need them, by the sound of your questions you need them! In these God given publications are all the answers to all your question and correct procedures to accomplish what your looking to do. I strongly suggest you give them a look!

Dasgog

No offense taken! I am “familiar” with the TM’s but in all truth I only utilized them for actually repairing/replacing parts… Not sure why but didn’t really think to look at them for maintenance purposes.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello!

So, I don’t have a fancy layout. I have my Deuce parked side yard on the dirt. There’s no comfort, no shade, no mechanics tools.
Last time I changed all my fluids, I sat under/laid on my back in the dirt with a stupid ass hand pump (that blew the lid off many times under pressure and all over me) and SURELY the guys having to change fluids on 50 or so trucks “quickly” have a better solution.
Is something like this a good choice or is there better/different? I don’t care about $$. Certain things you need to invest in, I’m good with that;

I know it says FUEL but the box at the store says “Oil Transfer Pump”.

Also, and if I am wrong I apologize but I lost my notes…. Is this correct fluid/oil for Transfer/Trans/Gear Box and Differential? I’m trying to recall my notes.

Yes this pump works great. You need a 5 gallon pail. I bought my oil in the pail already I think from Walmart.

The oil you have is also correct.

I dragged the bucket with the pump on top under the truck with me and filling up the pumpkins was very easy. Dragged it under my FJ Cruiser the other day as well. I think back to my days of using those hand pumps and cringe...

Just make sure you don't let the hose fall down on the ground. I knocked it over once and it started a siphon leaving me a nice surprise on the garage floor...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks