• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check Your Belts !

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So in the process of of taking the A3 out of winter hibernation , I notice a REALLY loud noise coming from the front of the engine , I am thinking water pump , alternator , idler pulley ? So I start by taking off the serpentine belt and find the belt SPLIT down the middle I can't believe that the belt was the cause of the noise , but in the essence of KISS , I get my SPARE belt and install it , start it up and WOW , no noise . I was thinking the worst , as you could put your hand on the alternator and feel the noise in your hand ! BTW , I was doing my PM checks as I am taking the MV to "Military Appreciation Night" in town today . Just goes to prove do your PRE-TRIP's and check for any unusual noise ! I am about to take it for a ride and see what else fall off !!! LOL :tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks