• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CIRCUIT BOARD CONFLICTS?

dom1986ck30

Aloha ALL, It has been quite some time since I have visited SS. I hope all is well and you are having a great Thanksgiving weekend, amid all the diversity, mayhem, and health matters. Nonetheless, I have a situation. I have had a good running M1008 for a good stretch, but it is now time to restore the interior electrical. I have the dash and old wires removed. I am installing the new, (Hillbilly Wizard), replacement harness from an original CUCV. I am looking at my circuit board and I have a new, again replacement, and I believe there is a difference from the one that is on there now. I believe it was a civy circuit board that I have been using from the previous owners workings, and that the setup has changed because of or due to...?

The long story short answer is, should I just leave the civy circuit board? Even though I purchased a replacement from Hillbilly Wizard, I will do whatever is simple. I have a feeling that I will get replies about whether I want to put back the blackout lights, and other related military instruments that were a part of the setup. So,, to let you know, I do not want to use those devices and gadgets. Will it matter to use the civy vs. original? All feedback is really appreciated. Aloha and Mahalo...

Last edited by a moderator:

cucvrus

What circuit board are you referring to? Are you talking fuse box or cluster assembly. Unclear what you are referring to. Post some pictures as reference.

dom1986ck30

What circuit board are you referring to? Are you talking fuse box or cluster assembly. Unclear what you are referring to. Post some pictures as reference.
My apologies. I guess I do not know what it is referred to as. It is the plastic and copper diagram backing that connects the gauges and transfers its information. On the back of the instrument panel? Dashboard panel?

cucvrus

You are referring to the printed circuit board on the back of the cluster. You can still buy that from LMC. The one with the idoit lights fits the CUCV. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks