Civil Defense Vehicles and Items

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the video's 1010, they are informative and educational. I am glad that your country is Allied with ours when it comes to Civil and Military Defense issues.

Also I will add that restoring the Radar site for a teaching tool and a Museum will have a lasting Legacy for generations to come.

I also would like to find the dome on the sat view if possible. I looked around Onoway to no luck.
My pleasure getting some of the info locked down here. It's surprising just how deep and how far back the cross-border agreements go. We have a pile of documentation to share about the history of the agreements. That link is under construction but the Emergency Measures Organization EMO file will be released very soon.

You can actually help me out and check how the links work in this sassy historic recognition website. Yes Sir we have Historical Recognition already.
The typical search terms can't be said three times fast but you can also find us in "Alsask Saskatchewan".

There's a map link on the right side of this page that should work. Let me know.

Another Ahab

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the brochures and pamphlets are being created, the maps finalized and invites are being written.

We are opening up a Canadian story that will create a destination opportunity North of the border, from coast to coast.

Our objective: Preserving the story of Canada's abandoned and once secret nuclear preparedness programs.

Quebec and Ontario have the largest population exposure so if you're on the 'right' side of the map, I can show you where we kept your nuclear missiles.
This is an EXCELLENT project, plowboy. You GO!!

Of course, the nuclear missles never went away, quite a few of them out there right now (live):

- The touch of a button, and likely ALL of us are Toast.

Aww, nuts.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's MAD for ya! Mutual Assured Destruction got us this far, something's working. Diefenbaker's "new think" and Ike's muscle on a rowboat makes them look like the dynamic duo.

"""""""""John Diefenbaker became prime minister in June 1957, and he and Ike shared a western farm background and had a passion for fishing. In July 1958, Diefenbaker and Eisenhower went fishing together at Harrington Lake, which a year later would become the PM’s official summer residence in a sense, Canada’s Camp David. Most significantly, Diefenbaker pushed through Canada’s participation in the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). This integrated command helped defend North America during the Cold War, weaving the two neighbours together in a web of overlapping ties, structures, ideas and agendas. """""""""

Speaking of toast.........grab some bread, pop it in the toaster, fire it, toast it, jam it and enjoy the largest collection of technical data ever shoved down a populations throat.......ha ha or a Steel Soldier's throat.

Starting in 1961 and delivered to households across Canada every two months, we were informing the public. From nuclear test results to bunker design, Privy Council notes, debates and insults tossed around in the House of Commons.

There is this gradient of urgency that ebbs and flows through the years as events and political posturing occur. The articles are very detailed and there are some pretty cool equipment pictures included as well.

We have a lot of it catalogued for easy reference so if you're researching a topic, we may have some leads and can shorten your dig time.

Enjoy the reading folks!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks