• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold Start Aid

flobble

I picked up a unit at an auction two weeks ago and was hoping someone has info on it. The only tag on it says Cold Start Aid made by the perfection stove company. It contains a 28 volt Homelite generator, gas fired heater and space for 4 , I presume 6 volt batteries. Also knife switches to switch from 6, 12, or 24 volts and three 2 prong slave cable outputs. If anyone has any info, especially pics of this unit I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks!

RICE670

m40 slave kit

Here are some pics of mine.Looks NOS on the inside. I did the can camo. 1 issued per 25 trucks in artic conditions,deseigned to start vehicles down to -70F. 80 amp 24 volt generator/ 100,000 BTU gasoline fired heater/ 4 six volt batteries/800 lbs.Works great ,unreal loud. Scott

Attachments

m38inmaine

Vintage video has a cd called nothing but WWII jeeps and in a segment on that cd it shows them using one of those units mounted in the back of a WWII jeep heating the manifold with the heater then juming it with the slave.

RICE670

There is a 25 foot stainless flex pipe that is issued with this.There are also studs for hooking up regular jumper cables.
The flame is directed down the flex tube for heating items,it can also heat itself.The construction is first rate there are even copper leaf seals on all the doors to keep out blowing snow.I have the TM and the parts breakdown. There is one other version with a different motor arrangement but more or less the same. Scott

Lordsandy

Hello
I have an opportunity to purchase one of these but the seller is not aware of their value. What do you guys think would be a fair price for one of these in nice operational condition?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks