• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Confused... LED headlights...

Bravojmc

Ok here we go... I installed led headlights today and they worked fine, then I walked around to the front of the truck and the passenger headlight was barely
putting any light out.... so I said **** my headlight just took a ****! So I wanted to see if it was the light or the truck so I switched headlights around and it's not the light, it's the truck.... YES I HAVE A GROUNDING KIT INSTALLED. I disconnected the battery's and went to work cleaning every ground that's on the hood and making sure they were all good. The only thing I did not do was unplug the hood harness plug. Anyone have any ideas...?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my lmtv the passenger side the wiring was funky.
Could not get the right voltage out of it to run my led.
Driver side worked perfectly so I dead headed the wires and tapped into driver side wiring and run to passenger side and my lights work perfectly

Bravojmc

On my lmtv the passenger side the wiring was funky.
Could not get the right voltage out of it to run my led.
Driver side worked perfectly so I dead headed the wires and tapped into driver side wiring and run to passenger side and my lights work perfectly
Interesting! Hmm... I'm going to have to give this a try. Thx

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why not unplug the hood harness? Maybe the connection is weak and resetting it would cure the issue? I'd try that first, it can't take but a min or two.

Action

Your headlights are already wired together. The headlight ground is in the harness. The passenger side is at the end. Check the wiring between the headlights.

Stonewall

Just for verification, did you put a volt meter on both headlights wiring, to check voltage? You would be able to move the meter common lead around to different grounding points to see if that was the culprit.

Bravojmc

Just for verification, did you put a volt meter on both headlights wiring, to check voltage? You would be able to move the meter common lead around to different grounding points to see if that was the culprit.
Funny you say that. I just got in from out side.. I have 23.9v on both sides Hi/Lo.. this morning the passenger side is working.... :/ but the light it's self has two leds out and some are dull... Returning lights and seeing if a new set fixes the issue. Atleast ive pulled all the hood grounds and cleaned them..;)

Action

Funny you say that. I just got in from out side.. I have 23.9v on both sides Hi/Lo.. this morning the passenger side is working.... :/ but the light it's self has two leds out and some are dull... Returning lights and seeing if a new set fixes the issue. Atleast ive pulled all the hood grounds and cleaned them..;)
But, you stated in the first post that you switched the lights and the problem stayed in that position. If your light had LEDs out, they would be out on both sides, wouldn't they?

Bravojmc

But, you stated in the first post that you switched the lights and the problem stayed in that position. If your light had LEDs out, they would be out on both sides, wouldn't they?
I think these led headlights are wired wrong and they react to each other. I have zero idea why but the factory lights I took off work fine when I reconnect them... The led lights I'm sending back are China made crap... The lights I just ordered are the new designed LED military Trucklites.
IMG_7738.jpg
Not cheap...

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My original lights worked just fine.
Were your original lights led or halogen.
The halogens don't give a crap about the voltage being just right or if it's neg or positive voltage.

Bravojmc

My original lights worked just fine.
Were your original lights led or halogen.
The halogens don't give a crap about the voltage being just right or if it's neg or positive voltage.
They were halogen .
I used a multi meter this morning and both sides registered the same voltage…?

SIMXVertigo

I had a ground attached to the blackout drive light that was messing with my lights, wipers and horn. Wiggled and tightened back down and everything has worked since.

Bravojmc

I had a ground attached to the blackout drive light that was messing with my lights, wipers and horn. Wiggled and tightened back down and everything has worked since.
I know the ground your referring to and I actually Wasn't using it because I'm not running a blackout light. It was dangling
free last night and when I was checking all my grounds I cleaned it and grounded it to the back of the turn lamp with the other two grounds.
funny thing is, it wasn't effecting my horn or turn signals at all...? Weird.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if the light​ works on drivers side then it's not the light. Tapp onto working side dead head passenger side all should be good.

Bravojmc

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I received the new version truck-lite military LED headlights and everything works great! Talk about nice quality and super bright! Like I thought, the other JUNK LED headlights I was trying to use were working against each other and were very faulty...! The new lights work great and they are worth the money. I'll try and slap a picture of them tomorrow.

Stonewall

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I received the new version truck-lite military LED headlights and everything works great! Talk about nice quality and super bright! Like I thought, the other JUNK LED headlights I was trying to use were working against each other and were very faulty...! The new lights work great and they are worth the money. I'll try and slap a picture of them tomorrow.
Glad to hear it. The volt meter does not lie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks