• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leaking from Oil pan

G-Longo

Good evening good people, just a quick question for possible confirmation of a certain leak. I found an active leak of what looks to be coolant after my deuce was sitting for a couple days. Seems to be coming from around the oil pan and around some seams on top of the engine. Would this be signs of a possible blown head gasket? And would it be treated like a normal automobile gasket replacement?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have green stuff coming out! The green looks clean! After you tighten all the possible and probable anti-freeze hose clamps, give her another good bath and observe.

Does it run good? Any milk in the oil? Let's just hope the fan is blowing juice from a gently leaking clamp or wimpy hose.

G-Longo

Weirdest thing yesterday, I climbed on top of the engine and started tightening the hose clamps that connect the intake side to the engine side and was surprised how many turns I was able to give them. Looked today and it seems to have done the trick as the ground doesn’t look wet anymore. With it getting dark earlier I will have to wait until the weekend before I really get to clean her up and run her to inspect more. Thank you for all the input gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleaned her all up, took her for a drive and so far no more leaks!
Was the hoses being loose!
Thank you guys for all the help!
That's the best outcome a fella could ask for. I have the 56' era so would spend hours just torquing before a highway run. It's just good news.

Having lots of eyes on a problem is only good if we all look for solutions.

17goosedragoons.JPG

G-Longo

Yes sir!!! And very true! Grateful for all the knowledge and outstanding group of people on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks