• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct vent window seals!

GUYS, I purchased one piece Precision seals. Dont waste your time a pita! I found two piece precision seals #VWK1110 81 A OR VWR81. Its a perfect fit on my m1008 . Remove the window unit, drill out pivot rivit, remove bottom nut ,spring and washers, take out glass, drill out three rivits to remove vent frame from window rail, Sit down and push in seal into grove ,soapy water helps, put back together in reverse, install new pop riverts where you drilled and I used a 8-32 x 1/2 screw and locknut on pivot instead of a rivit. you can gett the right rivit and tool from LMC. Hope this helps ,its been a long search and I found on fleabay ,under 50 bucks for both sides shipping included.

Grega

I need to replace my seals. On an auction site it says the 2 piece is for 85 and older and the one piece for 86 to 91. On my 1986 M1009 could I use the 2 piece, or is there much differance between the two that I have to use one or the other. THANKS

Grega

Thanks for the info, will look for some 2 piece seals. These are the last seals pieces that I have to replace. Ive been somewhat reluntant because it looks like it could be a PITA. Thanks everyone for the input.

JSF01

Fid that come with the bracket for the glass? I ask because the other day when I went to open the vent window the metal rod part of the bracket snaped.

iacucv

I might be doing this, but might try to band aid it in the mean time by tightening up the vent window latch on pass side. Can anyone tell me how to tighten it or point me to a thread that could help?

CUCV85

band aid

I might be doing this, but might try to band aid it in the mean time by tightening up the vent window latch on pass side. Can anyone tell me how to tighten it or point me to a thread that could help?
Use a washer or two in between the turn latch.
Clear silicone the h e double hockey sticks out of it.
There I fixed it.
"Band Aid"
[thumbzup]

sschaefer3

GUYS, I purchased one piece Precision seals. Dont waste your time a pita! I found two piece precision seals #VWK1110 81 A OR VWR81. Its a perfect fit on my m1008 . Remove the window unit, drill out pivot rivit, remove bottom nut ,spring and washers, take out glass, drill out three rivits to remove vent frame from window rail, Sit down and push in seal into grove ,soapy water helps, put back together in reverse, install new pop riverts where you drilled and I used a 8-32 x 1/2 screw and locknut on pivot instead of a rivit. you can gett the right rivit and tool from LMC. Hope this helps ,its been a long search and I found on fleabay ,under 50 bucks for both sides shipping included.

I found the pivot rivet on LMC but I can not locate the tool for the rivet. Can someone help me out and point me in the right direction.

I used the Precision Seals as the LMC ones were wrong. The rivet is the last thing left.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks