• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS for back wheels--- HEMMT front wheels

Andrmorr

Can it be done?
I want to run HEMMT rims on the front but retain CTIS on the rear axles to help with traction situations...airing the front up/down would be easy with a gladhand hose since its only two tires and the nipples are on the outside...
Can the CTIS be blocked to the front axle and still retain the CTIS for the rear axles?
I'm thinking CTIS just monitors pressure...a pressure check is checking pressure which it would see from the rear axles, how would CTIS know the front is sealed off?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a M923A2 and Goobement Liquidation had destroyed the brake cans on the rear axle.
I swapped an axle out of another A2 and since the CTIS in my truck was FUBAR I didn't hook the lines back up.
I bought some fittings at a hydraulics store and sealed the rear axle off. You have to plug the lines that go to the axle also.
You should be able to do the same with the front.

Csm Davis

Can it be done?
I want to run HEMMT rims on the front but retain CTIS on the rear axles to help with traction situations...airing the front up/down would be easy with a gladhand hose since its only two tires and the nipples are on the outside...
Can the CTIS be blocked to the front axle and still retain the CTIS for the rear axles?
I'm thinking CTIS just monitors pressure...a pressure check is checking pressure which it would see from the rear axles, how would CTIS know the front is sealed off?
Why not just put the CTIS fittings on the hemmet rims?

Andrmorr

Why not just put the CTIS fittings on the hemmet rims?
That would be fine too but if you put the CTIS on then you have to use the shield and offset weight...
From what I can find out, the offset wheel weight and CTIS shield won't fit the HEMMT rim...
Anyone got any knowledge of using the front CTIS on the HEMMT rims?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks