• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Alternator belt problems

Taz

Hello all,
I am new to this so if I foul up please forgive me.
Anyways, My M1008 likes to throw off the alternaotr belts every six months or so (did so again yesterday). Has anyone else run into this and what is/are the fix(s) if there is one. I have checked all of the obvious things like alignmetn ,etc. Nothing seems abnormal there. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Zeb

Armada

I used to have a 1008 that did that a couple times. When one would let loose, it would entangle and take out the rest. I suspected the alternators were the culprit but don't know for sure. The alternator alignment was never 100% correct, nor could I get it correct. Also, because the alt belts were so long, the slightest play in them and they would start to 'bounce'. Check them every other month or so, and make sure they are very tight. This should help. Belts stretch over time, and a belt that long will stretch quicker than the rest. Remember, they must be kept tight. Good luck!

CCATLETT1984

I had a similar problem, ended up being that the pass. side lower alternator bracket had cracked and was pushing the alt out of alignment. double check it it was nearly impossible to see the crack with the naked eye, feel for a crack with your hand and use a flashlight (read REALLY BRIGHT LIGHT) to help locate a crack if its there. I had a friend TIG weld it and its stronger than when it was stamped. they should have made that bracket out of thicker metal, but then again a few cents saved means more to the manufacturer than strength.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks