• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Drink Holder Ideas?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see some ideas and solutions you guys have come up with to hold a drink without spilling.
This is for a M1008A1

I know I could do a center console with cup holders and sit it on the seat, but don’t want to lose that space.

Either store bought or hand made or something cool made from scrap.

Thanks!

Edit
My M1008A1 has the stock bench seat.

Last edited:

SSGTUSMC

I would like to see some ideas and solutions you guys have come up with to hold a drink without spilling.
M1008A1

I know I could do a center console with cup holders and sit it on the seat, but don’t want to lose that space.

Either store bought or hand made or something cool made from scrap.

Thanks!
Bought at Walmart for like $16. Used some double sided tape to secure. Works great for last 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the stock bench seat.
That wouldn’t work.

If I was driving a M1009, I would do a center console.

cucvrus

Use the fire extinguisher bracket and make one out of a light bracket. No damage to truck. Sets in the slot and remove it. I had one. Sold the truck. Was easy. Held 2 cups. Fire extinguisher still in place. Sat at rear of base.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 24v fan mounted there.

I’ve seen the drink holder that fits the ash tray slot but don’t know how they are in actual use with something bigger than a coffee cup.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw those when I searched.
Don’t have a plate on the Dash like that and would like something a little less “in your face” as far as aesthetics go.
The others are for the bucket seats, which I don’t have in a M1008A1.

The one for the 5 ton wouldn’t be bad, but no place to really place it like on the 5 tons door.

Looks like I might remove the 24v fan on the fire extinguisher bracket and make something out of a cut down ammo can.
Or????!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked an electrician friend of mine to make me cup holders that will fit a water bottle. He welded metal 2 gang plates to the bottom of scrap 2" conduit, roughly 4" long. He drilled a hole and welded a 65 lb Harbor Freight magnet to the sides. He hammered on plastic collars to the open end of the 2" conduit. They hold water bottles perfectly, and I can mount them wherever I want in my M1009. My CUCV is at home right now so I can't get a picture. I hope my description makes sense.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.pics now as I don't remember where it is but I used a 4" PVC coupling epoxied to a piece of laminate. On the bottom of the laminate is another magnet. Crude but once stuck, it stays. MVs usually have steel available.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks great.
I saw that in a different thread.

Great pics and it shows the ammo can probably will not work after all.
Too skinny for a standard 7-11 soda cup.
I don’t drink them often but would like to have a place for it when I do.
One could definitely build something off the base plate.

I might rig up a center console to sit on the seat after all.
As long as I can remove it when I have a third rider.

My 5 ton is easy, I just sit the drink between the winch levers and the Dash.
Works like a champ and doesn’t wander or tip over.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have a generic seat console I use as a drink holder. I share the fact that often, it needs to get purged for a 3rd person. They sure work great when only 2 are in the truck.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made this for the Convoy. Magnetic base. Holds a large Dunkin coffee with ease. Worked great on the transmission hump even thru the thick rubber mat I have inside. It can be moved from vehicle to vehicle and no drilling required.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks