• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv dually 1986 with 10,000 miles in TN

xm708

Guys thought I would put this out there. I found this beast searching for one ton chevys and a dually cucv popped up in good shape with 10,000 on the clock. I would pounce but other things are more important for now. asking price is $4200 and he seems real nice just too far for me for now anyways

1987 Chevy 1ton 4x4

ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
No, thats just a steal for that 1028A3, they're kind of rare, and that one looks to be in fine shape.

Screamin' Metal

Guys thought I would put this out there. I found this beast searching for one ton chevys and a dually cucv popped up in good shape with 10,000 on the clock. I would pounce but other things are more important for now. asking price is $4200 and he seems real nice just too far for me for now anyways

1987 Chevy 1ton 4x4

ed
Hey even if you otta drive a ways, its worth li. If its a Military Vechicle...they'll deliver it for a small price.....get it! Sometimes....you can buy it and have to wait maybe a week or two until someone is coming close....and they'll deliver it!

acesneights1

So these were available ? It's an M1028A3 ? Someone on a another forum I am on suggested that the CUCV was never made in a dually.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was never delivered from the factory to the military as a dually. GM made a dually variant, but the military did not order any. Instead, ALL of the duallies were purposely converted, most using a military kit (I have seen a few that utilized some civilian components to convert a truck to a dually). After installing the kit, a data plate was installed indicating that the truck had been converted to a dually.

Hal O'Peridol

The dually CUCVs were converted from a kit from GM, and installed at the unit level motor pool. This was started about 1991 IIRC. The issue was with the regular 1028. It was often used to carry commo and intel shelters of one kind or another, and it was found that they tipped over quite easy, and the Army put in a top speed limit of 35 mph on the 1028 with shelter for a couple years.

I drove many 1028s while in FRG from 19888 to 1991, non dually with a heavy intel shelter on the back. Fun times, especially during REFORGER.

One other note, after installing the dually kits on our 1028s in Ft Carson, we had a rash of buckled frames, right between the cab and box. If you are looking at a 1028A3, check there for damage!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1028A3 is on ebay right now, ends tomorrow and the reserve is less than that one.:roll:

tvguy

The 1st truck mentioned says it has a 205 transfer case and 2nd says it has a 208 . . . which is correct for an M1028A3?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if it doesn't meet the $3950 reserve, i'll take a M101A2 and a diesel genset as a partial trade tim.;-)

Southern M715

Question on the 1028a2/3, are the front & rear end the same width as the front & rear ends of factory Duallys?
I've got a line on one & I want the dually width for a swap in my M715.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks