• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv fuel filter housing

Barrman

Someone will probably post up soon about how if they can find the old one they took off their truck because it leaked a deal can be worked out. Which leads to the question of why? The stock filter bases were prone to cracking and leaking. Many of us consider a spin on filter to be a superior product. Especially if you can by replacement filters in your home town on the same day you need one.

cucvrus

I just had a friend pay Doghead $325. for one and it did not have a pressure switch in it. I remember buying them for $100. all day. The one Saturn Surplus has listed is missing everything electric. I would scout salvage yards for one. Civilian one will work. What part is it you need? I had them leak at the pressure switch and have been tapping the hole and putting a bolt in it. It held vacuum overnight and has worked ever since. It was on a plow truck and then Mr. Crusty needed the same thing done after it developed a leak a few months back. But let me know what part you need I have a few for parts as well. I also have a spin on assembly I never installed. Good Luck.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have my old stock one.
Replaced it with a brand new identical one

PM if interested in my old one.

snowtrac nome

I have an old one that is leaking on a step van was hoping for a nos one with the pressure switch deleted like our military replacements had. its in a step van and there isn't much room to change things with out a lot of plumbing and relocating it.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had nothing but trouble with the stock filter. Got tired of constantly fighting with it so I went to a local junkyard to find a replacement. I found a Suburban with a Diesel engine that the previous owner replaced the fuel filter with a commercial version. It plumbed right in and even fit the bolt holes on the firewall. There aren't any electrical connections to fuss with, just thread the old one out and screw the new filter in. I may have a screw in adapter in the part locker. If I can find it, I'll post my find on this thread.

blueblaze

I just removed one of the newer filter heads from my M1008. It didn't leak and it looks almost new. Even the casting looks great. It is the updated one with no pressure sensor, if your interested in it let me know. I'm in Ontario so it'd be closer then getting one from the lower 48. Cheers

Attachments

dependable

I just had a friend pay Doghead $325. for one and it did not have a pressure switch in it.
The pressure switch is what causes the air leak failure in the original filter base. It is only used in conjunction with the STE-ICE, an obsolete diagnostic kit. The type without pressure switch, but with military compatible wire connectors is a later part upgrade.

$325 eh? I think I have some NOS replacement style filter bases somewhere in the basement...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks