• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv key blank

OK, Guys ive been searching the forum on keys and know its the B blank but also hear it can be the J blank which is a square key. Can anyone with a square key look at the key to see if theres a j stamped in it!
Thanks

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search for cucv keys the blank code and the number to make them is on here at less a hunder times . And if that does not work for you pm me and I will send you one. unless some one has changed the locks they are all the same.
AEC Retired Wright

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vendor on E-&8% sells universal military one.

I looked at buying a key as I was bidding on some close to me but lost. It appears all gm in that series were keyed a like?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B46, B47, and B48 are square.

B49(correct blank for CUCV) is round.

They are not interchangeable.

Tony thank you for the key offer!I may have not wooded my thoughs right. I have a few round keys but have seen square keys that was told they work,which are a J code. Which stamped on the shaft. I switched the door locks and now have two round keys which is a pita. Would like to know if there is a J code key blank that works or do I have to get the different colored rubber tops for them. Thanks

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My GA Rally T-shirt that has a big CUCV key on the back side with the key code printed on it it is----Round! Hope that helps. Sure there's 50-60 participants on here that can confirm this from a few years ago.:beer:

If you're trying to get rid of 2 round keys just change the ignition to another switch, it will be square and others won't be able to start it.

Last edited:
UPDATE! Well after a ton of searching and visit to locksmiths the J code square key matchs as a blank for the cucv!So if you changed you door locks and are tired of having two round keys this is the fix! And you can get at lowes or home depot with the rubber head! enjoy!
Tim

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a B46-J key blank?

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I'll get one made and try it. I did not think they are identical, but will work in either(maybe?).

Does it feel correct?(when inserted)?

Doghead, It works great and also tried in old door locks ,good as well! One thing is the electronic key cutters seem to cut a better key then the old school machine. I used the axxess system keys, their blank is a 7r which is the b46 j blank. If you go to lowes ,you know the cut is only as good as the employee! With your help I checked the b46. Thanks!:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks