• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Motor Mount Recommendations

jplace1011

My M1009 (6.2 Diesel) needs to have the Motor Mounts replaced.

What Brand/Type do you recommend? Any Links to the product please.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

87cr250r

The parts house aftermarket ones are junk. OEM or aftermarket polyurethane seem to be preferred. I got polyurethane for mine, they reuse the old housings. I can't give a report yet, I haven't installed the engine.

The 4wd trucks use a different, heavy duty shell so make sure you get the right ones.

Barrman

Another vote for the energy suspension mounts. You will feel more vibrations at idle in gear with a cold engine. But, everything stays in its place all the time which is good.

jplace1011

Another vote for the energy suspension mounts. You will feel more vibrations at idle in gear with a cold engine. But, everything stays in its place all the time which is good.
@cucvrus I couldn’t find the picture of the mounts and part number.

Rick, you are a CUCV rebuilding machine!!! Wow you’ve done a ton of work!!

sneekyeye

Get the polyurethane mounts and dont buy any of the junk factory style rubber mounts that are sold. I don't think anyone makes a good factory style rubber mount anymore that will last. They will sag and become metal to metal after a year or two. Just do it once and get the poly inserts. If you are capable of replacing the mounts yourself, then you are capable of putting in the poly inserts.

jplace1011

Get the polyurethane mounts and dont buy any of the junk factory style rubber mounts that are sold. I don't think anyone makes a good factory style rubber mount anymore that will last. They will sag and become metal to metal after a year or two. Just do it once and get the poly inserts. If you are capable of replacing the mounts yourself, then you are capable of putting in the poly inserts.
I ended up ordering a pair of the Polyurethane types from Rock Auto.

*In case anyone needs it, Part# 31152G

Thank you for your help everyone!! You guys make a CUCV World of difference for this guy who’s still learning!!

Last edited:

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up ordering a pair of the Polyurethane types from Rock Auto.

*In case any needs it, Part# 31152G

Thank you for your help everyone!! You guys make a CUCV World of difference for this guy who’s still learning!!

I think you might get some blowback about these being the correct ones, but you made the right choice.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious why that would be
The reason I said that is because on several occasions, I have tried to help others looking for the correct engine mounts, and have been replied to that those were not the correct mounts. Also reading on many other posts regarding motor mounts, everyone else seems to use a different part number. There must be others that will go into the clamshell, but I believe not be the correct ones. So to each their own, but according to my research these are the correct ones.

jplace1011

The reason I said that is because on several occasions, I have tried to help others looking for the correct engine mounts, and have been replied to that those were not the correct mounts. Also reading on many other posts regarding motor mounts, everyone else seems to use a different part number. There must be others that will go into the clamshell, but I believe not be the correct ones. So to each their own, but according to my research these are the correct ones.

87cr250r

When you assemble the clamshells do you have to squish them down over the rubber? I think the 3.1152 number is slightly thicker. That puts a bit more pre-load on the mount.

chevymike

Not sure if this should be done as well but I know in the hot rod world, if you change you motor mounts to urethane, you need to do the transmission mount as well. This keeps everything moving together equally. If having urethane motor mounts and rubber trans mounts, the rubber one will flex more, stressing the trans case and can result in broken case/bell housing.

Just want to share this, since I have done a lot of hot rods in the past, as that was the rule to do.

jplace1011

Not sure if this should be done as well but I know in the hot rod world, if you change you motor mounts to urethane, you need to do the transmission mount as well. This keeps everything moving together equally. If having urethane motor mounts and rubber trans mounts, the rubber one will flex more, stressing the trans case and can result in broken case/bell housing.

Just want to share this, since I have done a lot of hot rods in the past, as that was the rule to do.
@cucvrus Great Question Rick.

@chevymike that’s also a great point about the transmission mount. I will have to consider that for sure.

Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks