• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV wheeling pics

gt1009

Man, I wish we had terrain like that around here. The closest thing to off roading within an hour of me is driving through a field after it rains and hoping that you get to use 4wd

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
85-m1028 said:
steelsoldiers said:
Looks like a good time. Was the dented door and rocker from this trip?
The rockers on both sides were dinged on this trip. The door, well that was my Ex. and her getto booty!!! :p
Man, I had an ex-gf shut the door on my 1009 with her boot. I was pissed. She said, "What, it's all scratched and nasty tan anyways!" That was the end of her ;) An oak tree finished it off later.

AJMBLAZER

Makes me miss San Diego and all the trails in SoCal. :(

If you say "offroading" to anyone around here 95% of them picture a sky high rusty pickup truck and a muddy field... :roll:

Time for some weld in rocker guards. 8)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Pictues I really like the viewer they are posted on. When I took my family to San Diego last summer for a wedding they all wanted to move there. It is beautiful.

You mean you have never run the Lake Michigan Dunes or the Illinois crick beds and timber stands? You guys in the Midwest have a lot to be thankful for I never had problems finding great places to get way beyond my old CJ3B's capability to get out without my winch. Rocks break spider gears and axles a lot faster than sand or mud in my experience. Weve broken both at Rauch Creek in our 99 TJ

AJMBLAZER

Silver Lake in Michigan is a joke. Everyone here seems to think it's golden but man, it's a couple hundred acres of sand with hills... Waiting in line to go up a sand hill isn't my idea of fun.

Illinois is about 6 hours from here...

In San Diego I could be wheeling in Big Bear in 2-3 hours. Local places in less than an hour. Out east in the desert in 2 hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks