• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV will not start

Beowulf

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I am doing everything correct. I posted once, but it disappeared. My problem is that my truck refuses to start at all. I get nothing but a single click when I turn the key. I had the starter checked out at a rebuild place and it seems to check OK. The batteries were recharged and checked good. I checked continuity from the starter relay to the solenoid and now have that. I replaced the starter relay because it was not passing the voltage. With the new one, the voltage now clicks over to the starter. I still show no improvements. I followed the manuals troubleshooting procedure and have turned up nothing. The only thing I can guess is that I hooked the starter up wrong. I placed the solenoid control wire on the outside post (the one furthest from the engine) of the starter. If I placed it on the other post it reads ground. Where am I going wrong? Could another component be dragging down the current or the starter be binding on the flywheel?

Brian Phillips
Richmond, VA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks