• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV's on GL lately, high $$?

andytk5

Been watching the CUCV's on GL lately. Seems like they are selling for some serious coin. They haven't rolled through my area yet and I'd like to pick one or two up. Last I checked there were quite a few going for near $3K and even one at $5500 but that was a shop truck with the welder etc.. Is this the new range?

BTC70

A number of the trucks that went this week went for $2,000 or less - including 3 duallies. There were a lot more of them for sale this week, too, probably since there was no auction last week.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping one would close below $750 in the condition it was in. It sold for over $1100. This one was a M1008. It was missing wheels and tires, bed, alternators, and various other parts. I was hoping to snag it to get it running again and toss a flatbed on it.

joediveguy

I was hoping one would close below $750 in the condition it was in. It sold for over $1100. This one was a M1008. It was missing wheels and tires, bed, alternators, and various other parts. I was hoping to snag it to get it running again and toss a flatbed on it.

$1100 for a 1008 is **** good. The 08's are going pretty high due to availability. Pretty soon the 09's are gunna be like that. The trailers are getting pretty high also.

BMC

I am also finding that prices of 6.2 motors are becoming more expensive and harder to find. I searched for a week, all over the country to find an motor that would run. I think the CUCV's are becoming more popular and the repair parts are becoming harder to find.

joediveguy

No kidding! I was able to find a local bone yard with a couple K5’s with some good parts. I just had the pull a cross member and sway bar off one for me and they just cut the frame rails in front of the motor mounts and said “here you go”! $75! But they are getting harder to find now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$1100 for a 1008 is **** good. The 08's are going pretty high due to availability. Pretty soon the 09's are gunna be like that. The trailers are getting pretty high also.
If you saw this one, you wouldn't have paid more than a $1K for what was left of it. You were basically getting a frame, two axles, a cab, and a few engine bits. Someone thought more of it than I did.

jsd563

The possable reason is there was an article in a 4x4 mag about all the military truck on GL and said cucv's are around $6500 and were the best bang for the buck.... so now everyone knows where to buy them .....and now they expect to pay more than we once paid .... maybe GL had somthing to do to with it.....I paid $1900 out of Ft Mead and mine ran

Chief_919

If you saw this one, you wouldn't have paid more than a $1K for what was left of it. You were basically getting a frame, two axles, a cab, and a few engine bits. Someone thought more of it than I did.
If you are building a custom 4x4 truck, those axles are well worth the price and then some.

joediveguy

k5 are very hard to find in junk yards out of 3 i only found one and it was half way gone

I got lucky. The one I found, and picked apart, was in really good shape. The owner of the yard said a guy brought it in a couple months ago and all that was wrong with it was a blown transmission. By the time I got to it the motor, hood and gauge panel was gone. I walked away that day with two straight, rust free electric doors, W/ glass; manual tailgate W/ glass; two good front bucket seats and a rear bench seat and a center console! I’d say that was a good haul! I may go back for the cap ($100) interior carpet and other trim.

jeepjseries

Very happy to have received my m1009 with the one ton axles already installed, was the main deciding factor in getting it. Fleabay had a set for $1900 bucks.

BTC70

At $.10/lb. (lowball), the scrap value is $580. $1100 for a vehicle that can be titled isn't bad, even if a lot of little parts are missing. Rebuilding it should be relatively cheap and easy since so many of these trucks were made (remember all those civilian versions are identical as far as body parts) I mean, just how little do you expect to pay to end up with a working heavy duty 4x4 pickup?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks