• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M125-A1 Cargo Truck Cummins V8 300 Powered

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the 125 Dirt71 and just and FYI I have seen your work on the last 123 you had and trust me when I say there is NOT a BIG MACK in the country that wouldn't be honored to be owned by YOU!!!

Karl

Dirt71

Congrats on the 125 Dirt71 and just and FYI I have seen your work on the last 123 you had and trust me when I say there is NOT a BIG MACK in the country that wouldn't be honored to be owned by YOU!!!

Karl
Thank's man....but I just don't have the facility to do an extensive restoration on the truck at this time.

Dirt71

Concrete is on the ground...now the roof. Suck's spending all this money just to get set up to work on the truck, when if I had a shop like in the past I would be far down the road on restoring this M125. I thank God every day for the work I have on my schedule to re-stack some fund's.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Concrete is on the ground...now the roof. Suck's spending all this money just to get set up to work on the truck, when if I had a shop like in the past I would be far down the road on restoring this M125. I thank God every day for the work I have on my schedule to re-stack some fund's.
I am sure it has everything to do with where you are and what kind of Code Enforcement people you have in your county - but - Does a Pole Barn structure require a building permit?

I keep thinking how nice it would be to have a cover to work under... For the last month is has rained at least once a day. It may just be me but working in the rain is not as appealing as it was when I was younger...

Here in the "great state of Mecklenburg" we have some of the most obnoxious folks working for the county. Permits are difficult. I wanted to expand the building here and they wanted me (the only business on about four thousand feed of road front) to remove the "non standard" sidewalk, replace it with the six foot version with an eight foot planting strip. Cut down the wild cherry trees and would be covered by the new sidewalk - and replace them with "official city approved" trees. To the point that it blew the budget...

I would love to bypass their rules with a Pole Barn!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes you have to make small steps forward to make progress at all. I have been living a similar situation on this end for several years - I had to liquidate all my MVs, radio equipment, tools, etc. in order to stay afloat. It's a long road uphill but I am making progress as you have been, and am now beginning to get to the point I can start replacing that which I lost. Sometimes God gives you something which knocks you back on your a$$, but enables you to get back up on a stronger footing later, a better man in a better situation.

At the very least, I envy you have flat land to build a pole barn on! I live on a hillside with a good grade, to get a garage to work on, I have to sell this place and move into the valley!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a HUGE flood diversion in the works around Fargo its the largest project in NDs history at about 3 billion $$! I have a warehouse a mile or so down the road which I use to store my Military trucks and it turns out its in the way of the new diversion its in what they call the ponding area? Long story short they want me to accept their offer that is about 200K short of replacement value which is not going to happen. Then they talked about a land trade and sent me 4 parcels of land and one of these looked very good but when I said this one interests me they then informed me that it had been pulled and wasnt available. Its taking way to much time and I really just want to be left alone to do my business, guess THATS impossible! I envy you Dirt71 at least your making HEADWAY in the right direction!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We have a HUGE flood diversion in the works around Fargo its the largest project in NDs history at about 3 billion $$! I have a warehouse a mile or so down the road which I use to store my Military trucks and it turns out its in the way of the new diversion its in what they call the ponding area? Long story short they want me to accept their offer that is about 200K short of replacement value which is not going to happen. Then they talked about a land trade and sent me 4 parcels of land and one of these looked very good but when I said this one interests me they then informed me that it had been pulled and wasnt available. Its taking way to much time and I really just want to be left alone to do my business, guess THATS impossible! I envy you Dirt71 at least your making HEADWAY in the right direction!
Karl,

It might be time to hire a lawyer. (no, I am not one) My dad had a patch of dirt that the county decided they needed. They claimed to offer enough money. They didn't. Then they found a place and offered it as a land trade. That wasn't a good deal for dad either.

When he hired a lawyer, things changed considerably. They started offering more money and a much better quality land swap offer. Cost THEM quite a bit more, and they also paid dad's legal fees. What he ended up with was a fair deal rather than something pretty crummy. Hope you don't have to, but do it early rather than at the last minute...

Dirt71

This was the next step in getting the M125 under a roof, cutting back the neighbor's Hickory tree that hung over my backyard. Now constructing a roof is next, it's a process I know but I'll get there eventually.

Attachments

joeM62

It's good to see you back at it again and how do you get so lucky to find another M125 as rare as they are. The truck is looking good.

Dirt71

Thank you, it's good to be back. I don't know how to answer how do I get so lucky to find another M125 only to say I happen to check out E-bay one morning and there it was... maybe it was fate who's to say? When I saw it on E-bay and realized it had the Cummins 300 in it I immediately remembered the article that David Doyle wrote back in 2006 in Army Motors magazine titled the Mighty Mack, it was pictured in the article. I have been in contact with the Mack Museum and confirmed it is 1 of 1 that was built by Mack and delivered 2\2\58

Dirt71

Here is the picture and short description by David Doyle in the article, I was in contact with David before I reached out to the Mack Museum and David explained to me that at the time he wrote the article his information was that the conversion was done by the Army...that later proved to be false. He had already learned year's before hearing from me that the truck was built by Mack and has pic's of it on the assembly line under production. I'm waiting to hear back from Mack to request copies of the picture's.

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! I'm glad that truck went to good home!! If I'd had one more beer that Friday night, I might have hit the buy it now myself! :D
I've got a US Army color pic of that truck around here somewhere that I'll try to dig out and post up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks