• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D60 oil change and more !

MAZ537

Hello to all,

Today I was drain my D60 gear oil (looks nice no metal shavings in the magnet just something like grey sludge)!
I has about 5L so this also looks correct.

Altough I have two rookie question(s) for you :

I plan to have the front diff cover powdercoated but inside the magnet is glued to the cover...I think it must be removed prior to powdercoating ? Should I use regular paint instead ? Also I have read somewhere that you can install the diff cover w/o the gasket with just sealant ?

Thank you ! ;)
G.

cucvrus

If it were me. I would just use Krylon and be done with it. And I would use a gasket and Permatex the right stuff. Why powder coat the inside of a front differential cover?

Obijuank5

Look into lubelocker gaskets. I like them, especially for you're extreme duty or frequent service intervals. Otherwise it's just nice to have a clean seal surface every time it's opened.

MarcusOReallyus

If it were me. I would just use Krylon and be done with it. And I would use a gasket and Permatex the right stuff. Why powder coat the inside of a front differential cover?
I can tell you why NOT.

Sooner or later, that stuff will flake off. Then you have pieces floating around inside. That's probably not a good thing.

I don't think much of powdercoat anyway. Once you get a bit of failure, the rust hides behind it and creeps along, eating metal long before you can see it happening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks