• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dallas Texas HMMWV

sheepdog concept

Mark here hi!

1.) trying to get a title using the form 97, lol
2.) my starter box went out 800 smackers, lol
3.) insurance was a breeze 250 a year, lol
4.) why i lol so much to keep from crying.

5.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Good looking truck.Where did you get it?

Also please edit your user profile to show your State of residence. It is a site requirement.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the sf-97 issued to you?

sheepdog concept

i got it here locally near dallas from a guy who had it parked on his farm for 15 years. it had 14k miles on it then and it has 14k miles on it now so it didn't go anywhere. he said he used it once to pull his stuck tractor out of a field. i didn't really expect to buy it as i have another one in north carolina i am planning of getting soon that is like brand new even better than this one and this one is very very nice. i will probably keep both though i would sell this one and am currently trying to.

the other hmmwv also have title problems never been titled or registered. lol

mark

fixed my requirement..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the SF-97 will be useless to you, they are only good to the original purchaser.

sheepdog concept

Looks like a bonded title is best for you.
i refuse to do the bonded title - i will pay a guy for a florida title assigned to me and go that route. the bonded title is an enigma for 3 years and if it is for any less than what you sell it for then your screwed. i just wish there were some other way but i will do what i have to. mark

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i refuse to do the bonded title - i will pay a guy for a florida title assigned to me and go that route. the bonded title is an enigma for 3 years and if it is for any less than what you sell it for then your screwed. i just wish there were some other way but i will do what i have to. mark
What you have stated here does not make any sense. I have done about 5 bonded titles for title-less MVs in Texas and other than the expense, it is completely painless. The bonded statement on the title can come off after 3 years if that bothers you.

Edit: Bonded title is for 3 years, not 1 like I originally stated.

Last edited:

sheepdog concept

The caveat of the bonded title is that in Texas the most the state says it's worth is 4000 so if you get a bond for 4000 and you sell it for 25000 the bonded title will only insure the new owner for 4000 and that's it. So how would you estimate the value in advance to cover the protection needed by a future buyer?

Also that bond stamp remains on that title for 3 long years. Not 1 year as has been stated here. That is a big red stamp on a title of a vehicle your trying to sell - NOT very appealing or attractive to a buyer I can assure you. For that reason I had rather pay some guy 800 and get a clean title that has no encumbrances on it at all.

Mark

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some guy in FL sells titles for $800? And you're worried about a bonded title? I'm not sure what you mean, please explain the "some guy" titling process, it may be helpful to a member in the future.

sheepdog concept

Some guy in FL sells titles for $800? And you're worried about a bonded title? I'm not sure what you mean, please explain the "some guy" titling process, it may be helpful to a member in the future.
There is a guy who will take just a bill of sale and nothing else - with that he gets a florida title in his company name - which he then assigns to you - you then take that to your dmv whatever state and title it - and register it - if you can - meaning some states will require no inspection and some states will not - texas does not on a previous military vehicle. this process is 4 weeks and about 800+. this process has been discussed on this forum in the past i read it somewhere.

No i am not worried about a bonded title - i am afraid the new buyer will be worried about a bonded title. When in fact no one has a clue how much to get a bonded title for right? Or would you just have me get one for 100k and that way i am covered - then what do you think that would cost? bonded titles are second best type tiles - but not the best by no means. Maybe as a seller a person would be blinded in seeing it from buyers perspective. Have no idea why anyone would make such comments anyway.

Mark

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope the guy is still in business. Many of the Title companies have shutdown or they will not do MVs. There are a few members that paid their money to one company and never received anything.

sheepdog concept

I hope the guy is still in business. Many of the Title companies have shutdown or they will not do MVs. There are a few members that paid their money to one company and never received anything.
I was a car dealer in Florida myself a few years back and "dealers" not "title companies" can get anything done. They build relationships and that is how business is done, when the guy I contacted told me how he would get a title. I was completely following what he was saying and know it can be done that way. I don't think this ability will ever go away until the day they are completely computerized with no human involvement. Beside like I said it has been discussed right here on this forum in the past the exact same method involving a Florida title.

Mark

Last edited:

welldigger

Bonded title or not if you get tired of having 2 don't be afraid of sending me a p.m.

Nice truck and welcome from the Shreveport area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks