• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 300 t-case problems

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hello , Dont know if this is the right area to post this being its about an 86 CJ but someone might have some experience with the problem I'm having. My transfer case wont shift into 2-Hi, if it does go into 2-Hi its for the front wheels only. When I put it into 4-Hi with the hubs locked the jeep doesnt move, kinda like one drive shaft is in hi and the other is in low range creating a major bind. I took off the shift rod covers on the rear of the t-case and the rods arent moving to the same positions equally. My questions is, is it possibly a major breakage inside the t-case or is my shifter more likely worn out and the problem could be fixed with a twin stick shifter? Im selling the jeep and this problem just happened after flat towing it about 200 miles. I stopped frequently to run the tranny and transfer case to sling the oil around like the manual said to do. Thanks in advance. Devin

willy

T case

You may be shifting in 2 gears at the same time.
Or some thing is frozen from towing
I have towed my CJ 7 for 200 miles without stopping and turning thing over
Have you tryed just to drive it in high range, then in 4WHR, then in 4WLR
Your dog in the transfer case may stack with will prevent you from shifting in 2 gears at the same time.
Willy :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: T case

BTW you guys with the Dana 300 cases, tri county gear in Cali can add a slinger to your 300 so that you can flat tow unlimited miles without lube problems.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: T case

I fixed it a while ago. One of the set screws came loose and it was allowing 4 lo on the front wheels and 4 hi on the rears. Easy fix with no damage done.
Thanks again guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks