• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dashboard Covers and Tailgates M1009

hounddog

I have a M1009 that is in need of a new dash and tailgate. Are the dashboard covers from LMC going to do the trick or do I need a new dashboard. The original is severly cracked and brittle. Also, is an aftermarket tailgate repro ok to use or should I keep searching for a used original. Thanks in advance.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The covers are good but if not installed properly they will start to peel and crack them selfs. It is a one time shot at installation. You may be happier with a new one. Used ones at the salvage yard will more than likely be cracked also.

If you look at some trucks, the military replaced the whole dash with the light gray pads.

I would keep looking for a used tailgate. Much cheaper.

dependable

I have gone with both the dash cover and the new dash in different trucks. If the dash is not too badly cracked, I would go with the cover. Some of the all new replacement dashes out gas a plastic smell for a long time. Make sure you get one from a source that other folks have tried and say they don't smell too much.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can some of you fellas who have actually used the different types of replacements give the rest of us some more details? Sure would be appreciated, and help make decisions on what to get for our different needs.
For example, I imagine the complete dash replacement would hook up like the original, but how does the 'cover' attach?

Thanks, and cheers

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can some of you fellas who have actually used the different types of replacements give the rest of us some more details? Sure would be appreciated, and help make decisions on what to get for our different needs.
For example, I imagine the complete dash replacement would hook up like the original, but how does the 'cover' attach?

Thanks, and cheers
I have not bought any new pads or covers , but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express..........:razz:

Seriously, I bought a used dash pad at a salvage yard that had a cover put on. It was glued in place. Apparantly the installer didnt straighten/clean up the old dashpad and when they glued it inplace it was crooked and had started to peel and curl in places. YMMV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks