• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton, OH to Michigan or Wisconsin

camp9

I have a 6.2 in a can along with tow bars I bought from Gimpy that I need to get. Not looking to get in to the UP but just wondering if anyone is going through there and can get it to Michigan or Wisconsin so I can shave a few miles off. Thanks, Camp

Ridgerunner

If you can get it up to Holland, it can stay in one of my barns untill you make it down this way or some one else goes your way. I don't know if that helps or not, but it's an option.

MatthewH

Camp,
If you can figure out how to get them to or near OD Dave's shindig, I would be more than happy to bring them north and store at my shop. Just a thought.

MatthewH

bill2444

If we could get it from mathew to me, that'll save an hour. I'm 15 min south of the bridge. I've got a guy going from my place to Marquette wendsday.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone from up north going to the GA Rally? The pickup point for Andy's stuff is about 6.5 miles off of I75 on a major state route. I can load the can on a trailer or truck. The combo weighs about 1,550 for can, engine and tow bars.

camp9

Thanks for all the offers of help. In nothing else my wife and I are headed to Ft. Drum to visit our daughter and son in law, so thinking about taking the truck and picking it up then. If that happens I'll have some room for some small stuff if anyone needs something hauled north.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's only 1050lbs, couple guys and a sling out to do it. I used the backhoe but I'm lazy.

;-)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's only 1050lbs, couple guys and a sling out to do it. I used the backhoe but I'm lazy.

;-)
hmmm,
I have a cherry picker for pulling engines, I suppose I could wrestle one around.
So if this stuff were to make it to ODDaves swap meet 10-22-11 I could pick it up and get it up to my place. Still about 3hrs under the bridge though.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 6.2 in a can along with tow bars I bought from Gimpy that I need to get. Not looking to get in to the UP but just wondering if anyone is going through there and can get it to Michigan or Wisconsin so I can shave a few miles off. Thanks, Camp
If Gimp can bring them to the GA Rally I can get them as far as Clarkston, Michigan for you. OR, on our way home we could stop by Gimps. Either way is OK with me.

The 109 I am driving back is pulling a Deuce box trailer, the only thing in the back is an Argo, there is more than enough room for a 6.2 can and a few tow bars. I am due back in Menominee/marinate for a wedding reception at the end of the month so I could drop it off for you then. How far off 2 are you..?

camp9

I'm 10 miles south of US-2. If it worked out I could meet you up on 2 and unload you there. If you like wine you can down to the farm and I'll make it worth the your while :beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Gimp can bring them to the GA Rally I can get them as far as Clarkston, Michigan for you. OR, on our way home we could stop by Gimps. Either way is OK with me.

The 109 I am driving back is pulling a Deuce box trailer, the only thing in the back is an Argo, there is more than enough room for a 6.2 can and a few tow bars. I am due back in Menominee/marinate for a wedding reception at the end of the month so I could drop it off for you then. How far off 2 are you..?

Gimp's riding with me to Georgia and we haven't finalized the trailer yet. But, there is no sense in taking it the rally if you going down I75 and coming back the same way everything will be sitting at my place about 6.5 miles off 75 on a state route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks