• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DB2 pump #s on an M1009

acesneights1

My M1009 lunched a pump and seems the reman prices have gone up a lot.
so long story short I got a NOS one which I believe is a CUCV pump but not sure what the numbers mean. 6.2 pumps are usually DB2-2829-xxxx
this one is DB2-S4267 where as my original was DB2-2829-4267.
ideas ?
truck runs grea with it.

Attachments

ssdvc

I may be wrong, but I think that pump is from a 6.5 GEP or Optimizer engine. Whether or not it will work on our lowly 6.2 is another question, which I have just asked.

Barrman

The last 4 digits comes out 6.2 on my number charts. I couldn't find that sequence anywhere else. 6.2 or 6.5. I think it is just a bad day at the data plate line.

ssdvc

I have seen other IP's with those same number sequences on them. I am wondering if it is just a newer nameplate/number scheme ?

Last edited:

cucvrus

I just bought a rebuilt 6.2 pump from DCP in Memphis. Still cost me $300. I know I have heard a lot of bad mouthing on here about them. But they always worked for me and my friends. We must be the lucky ones. But it is an E bay item. And whether you get the same pump back that you send them matters so little to me. As long as it works and runs is all I ever care about. I had brand new injection pumps fail in a year after I installed them. Just a hint. If you don't like my hint. Fine. I will not defend the issue or debate it. But seems strange they always worked for us here. $300. is a fair price and they do have a warranty. Thank you. Have a great day. which ever way you go I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck.

ssdvc

Hey Rick,

There is a brand new one available right around the corner from me, but it is labeled DB2-S4267. For $200, I can't beat it, but only if she will work in my old M1009. Thoughts?

cucvrus

I got 3 new ones in a sealed box from a guy that was working on a base. Marked CUCV. I put one on and it lasted for 1 year. I put another one on a friends and it would not even start. I used the 3 rd one as a core and had it rebuilt. The reason is unknown. But it seems they were about 20 years old and still in the box. I know nothing about the inner workings. But mine failed me in the middle of a major snow storm last year. I thought no not the pump. But that is what it was. Brand new out of a foil sealed box and triple boxed and bagged the whole way. Not sure what to say. Risky. I would spend the extra money and at least get a warranty. let them age on someone else's shelf is my opinion. Same as tires. New fresh stock or I am not buying them.

acesneights1

I may be wrong, but I think that pump is from a 6.5 GEP or Optimizer engine. Whether or not it will work on our lowly 6.2 is another question, which I have just asked.
That's what I was told too. The real question is whether the ego sol is 12v or 24v but these shut offs will operate with less than rated voltage anyway. It seems fine. Truck runs mint.
that pump you were talking about wasn't in CL in Ct was it ??

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 6.2 and 6.5 pump are only different in the following manner from a practical matter.

1.) 6.5 a bit greater fuel flow
2.) The IP relay's in the top end of the pump are 24 volt on the 6.5 HMMWV pumps. You can purchase the 12 volt relays if you do get a 6.5 pump.

acesneights1

A 6.2 and 6.5 pump are only different in the following manner from a practical matter.

1.) 6.5 a bit greater fuel flow
2.) The IP relay's in the top end of the pump are 24 volt on the 6.5 HMMWV pumps. You can purchase the 12 volt relays if you do get a 6.5 pump.
How can I tell what voltage my solenoid is ?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the top cover and get me the part numbers. The 24 volt fuel relay which is the bigger one if 24 volts is much bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barrman

Normally since just about all the 24 volt units people on this site will come across are from a HMMWV. That means the connections for the 24 volt top will have Packard fittings. While the 12 volt connections will just be regular male wire terminals.

acesneights1

Normally since just about all the 24 volt units people on this site will come across are from a HMMWV. That means the connections for the 24 volt top will have Packard fittings. While the 12 volt connections will just be regular male wire terminals.
Mine had same flat male spade terminals the old IP had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks