• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deciphering TB 746-93-1

wbdodgeiv

I am having trouble figuring out how to mark my truck. Carnac was gracious enough to provide me with the following information below.

Having no actual military experience, I have no idea how the information correlates to TB 746-93-1. I googled "113TH FIELD ARTILLERY" and I think that it is a NC Nat. Guard unit and that the 5th battalion is stationed in Greensboro, NC.

Could someone help me figure out what the truck should be marked?

Organization
:113TH FIELD ARTILLERY BDE HHB Location:GREENSBOR
NORTH CAROLINA
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:
M35A2 W/W NSN:
2320000771617 Serial Number:
22518107 Registration Number:
4L7125 Year of Mfg:
1967 Usage Miles: 54537
Aug 08

Mike_L

True, every soldier from Private up knows their chain of command from their squad to the Commander in Chief and all between. Well, they did when we were in. Chain of command info was a standard in-ranks inspection question and you better know the answer!

Probably you can call any listing you can find on them and talk to their admin section people. Just about anyone may do but you'll likely need to explain why you are calling them and wanting to know who their next higher HQ is.

Chief_919

For the NCARNG during that period here is how most were marked

Drivers Side:
NCARNG
5-113 FA

Or

30 IN
5-113 FA

or

30 IN BDE
5-113 FA

or

30 HBCT
5-113FA

I have seen all those styles.

Passengers side:
HHB-XXX

Where XXX is the individual truck number, those were done by local SOP.

Last edited:

Chief_919

Also those markings I gave you were for when the 113th was still part of the 30th, pre modularization, as that is when your truck would have spent its time. At that time 5-113 FA was an 8 inch howitzer unit.

Now the 133th is part of the 65th Fires Brigade and is a HIMARS unit.

wbdodgeiv

I would like it to look similar to the attached picture from the Delta Team Decals website (thinking about using their stencil kit), would the left side say 30 5-113 FA or 30 5F113 and the right side HHB115?

Are you saying that the numbers should be smaller and on two lines on the left side?

I am trying to understand what the numbers mean so I don't look silly when someone rightly asks me about it.

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

Chief_919

I would like it to look similar to the attached picture from the Delta Team Decals website (thinking about using their stencil kit), would the left side say 30 5-113 FA or 30 5F113 and the right side HHB115?

Are you saying that the numbers should be smaller and on two lines on the left side?

I am trying to understand what the numbers mean so I don't look silly when someone rightly asks me about it.

Thanks for all the help.
The ones in that picture are way big. I have seen a few units do it, but it isn't normal. It seems like I see way more huge bumper numbers on trucks outside the military than in.

It can be one line or two- but most NCARNG trucks I see are two lines. This pic shows closer to what it should look like.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks