• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deep water fording kit question

dhaumann69166

Hey everyone first question I have is about the lever by my right knee. Does the long part of the handle indicate what position it’s in or does the little point on the opposite side point to what position you are in and the long part just a handle?
Also where do the lines all go? I know they go to hubs and diffs but where do they tie into the motor? I want to make sure all of my lines are hooked up and working. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

gcbennet

Common mistake, apparently. The little arrow opposite the handle is the actual position indicator, not the handle itself. The venting ties into the engine via the deep ford CDR valve, and from what I've heard if the system is kept on 'deep ford' for too long you run the risk of blowing seals.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hard to read the instructions as not clearly written and search on here for other threads for extensive posts but vent lines go to the hydroboost, power steering cap, cdr valve, air filter, sensor cup, and tie into the main vent lines for the hubs etc

dhaumann69166

Common mistake, apparently. The little arrow opposite the handle is the actual position indicator, not the handle itself. The venting ties into the engine via the deep ford CDR valve, and from what I've heard if the system is kept on 'deep ford' for too long you run the risk of blowing seals.
Thanks. It was in ford when I got it. Hopefully hasn’t been run in that position much. Now time to start tracking them all down and seeing if they are hooked up. I did notice the cap on the power steering is just a standard cap so that will need replaced. I think everything else is still hooked up.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. It was in ford when I got it. Hopefully hasn’t been run in that position much. Now time to start tracking them all down and seeing if they are hooked up. I did notice the cap on the power steering is just a standard cap so that will need replaced. I think everything else is still hooked up.
The cap looks like a regular one with a nipple threaded on the top for the small spaghetti hard tubing. They can be found on epay. Search m998 HMMWV deep water fording.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks