• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deleting/editing classified threads

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have sold an item and now want to remove the ad from the Parts for Sale forum. However, the edit post icon at the the bottom of the OP no longer exists.
This is also problematic when a need arises to edit sale ad content once the ad goes beyond the allotted time period. I have maintained all ads per the rules set forth in the classified ads rules section. The seller should have full control of their ads up until either sale of the item(s) is complete or the item(s) is/are no longer available for sale.

Please advise. Thanks.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just report the posted thread with the report button and tell us it is sold.

Done and done.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately it's a conflict of rules with the software. Please use the report post button on the specific post.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. I just sent off the report for the specific thread. I understand that sometimes privileges have to be suspended due to inattention or abuse, but is there any way that the editing function can stay with OP/seller for the duration of the ad?

Again, thank you, Gentlemen.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can edit up to a curtain time. I believe it is 30 days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks