• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detailed Cletrac pictures requested

peolini

Hello All,

I hope someone can help me with detailed pictures of (parts of) a Cletrac M2 HST.
I am making/producing a short run, resin, 1/48th scale model of a Cletrac and from time to time I need some pictures of some parts to get the details and/or dimensions right.

Right now I am looking for pictures of the Ingersoll-Rand compressor on the rear of it.

If one of you is (or all are) interested I can post some pictures of the 3D designs I have already drawn up.

Cheers and thank you in advance,

Dennis

waayfast

Hi, Dennis!

Yes! Always interested in your drawings etc.!

I have the "late" model compressor (from serial 7JA and up, the larger one) but it is REALLY buried in the back of a storage trailer. I can try to get access to it but it may be a few days.

And if you decide to sell a Cletrac Model--sign me up!

Jim

peolini

Hey Jim,

I was just typing a mail to get in touch with you through the Cletrac.org forum.
Nice to hear from you again.

I am looking for info that will help me get the shape of the compressor right. so a pic from the rear of the cleatrac with the fan shaped guard off would be fine.
But a "walk around of a loose compressor would be great.
I am talking about the compressor in monkeyboyarmy's pictures.
Thanks for those by the way! Monkeyboy army.

Attached are some pics of what I have drawn up in 3D, these parts (as also the compressor) will be "printed" in 3D.

Attachments

Off the same one at Evergreen... Another in the UK and not sure where the musuem piece was from...

All the later compressor... I can get some pictures from home of the early compressor if you'd like...

I have a parts book with everything exploded out if you wanted any pages of that scanned...

HTH

Matt

Attachments

Attached are some pics of what I have drawn up in 3D, these parts (as also the compressor) will be "printed" in 3D.

Very cool stuff - what solid modeling program are you using?

Also what scale is the final product going to be?

Have looked commercially for models of the MG-1 (M2) for a while with little luck - I have one that is 1:48 that came with a B-24 bomber model...

Really would like to find a 1:35 (or larger) scale model...

Apparently 2 (soon to be 3) of the real thing in my yard is not good enough! rofl

Best Regards

Matt

peolini

Hi Matt,
I´m drawing stuff up in Solidworks and then have them "printed" on a Stereo Laser Lithography machine.

The model will be in 1/48th scale. like the one you have only better available seperately AND with much superior detail.
But the detail in the drawn parts will be of such quality that I can also have the parts printed in 1/35th.
So that is also an option.

A scale version of one of these is the only option for me.
I envy all of you that have at least only halve a Cletrac!!

Cheers,

Dennis

peolini

Matt, Douglas and Jim,
Any info/pictures that will get me the outlines of a compressor will be great.
I prefer info on the IR type 30, but if I can get enough info on the 41 to get that right, that will be cool too.

But a hand drawn sketch on the back of old piece of paper that contains the measurements and shows approximately the right shapes would suffice too.

Thanks in advance all.

Cheers,

Dennis

Matt, Douglas and Jim,
Any info/pictures that will get me the outlines of a compressor will be great.
I prefer info on the IR type 30, but if I can get enough info on the 41 to get that right, that will be cool too.

But a hand drawn sketch on the back of old piece of paper that contains the measurements and shows approximately the right shapes would suffice too.

Thanks in advance all.

Cheers,

Dennis

G'day Dennis - I will take a look at the parts book tonight - I think it shows both styles of compressors with a fair bit of detail (no pesky bash guards in the way)

Let me see what we come up with - would be interested in this project when all is said and done - if there are any other components you need drawings or photo's of just let me know

Best regards

Matt

PS - I thought I recognized the solids from solidworks - run it at work some and used both it and mastercam extensively during machining school... Very cool stuff!

peolini

Hi Matt,
That sounds great. Really looking forward to that kind of info.

Next part of the design session will be the bottom/chassis so that will ask for some seldom seen/hard to get info/measurements.
But I'll drop some lines here and see what rolls out.

Thanks in advance for all the info and I'll keep you (all) informed about the progress of the model.

Cheers,

Dennis

waayfast

Hey, Dennis

Sorry I have not had time to dig out my compressor to do the pics and measuring-- hopefully I can dig in to it soon.

BUT!! I looked on a map of Europe and found your town. I remember that Jaap Reitveld has some Cletracs for sale in Antwerp Belgium and that looks to be about 125 statute miles from your position. Don't know if that would be usefull or possible but you very well could get what you need hands-on and in person.

I remember not long ago it looked like he had all the machines still and one was advertised as complete (with compressor) .You might give a call and see what you could set up.

It is Reitvelds Auto Parts , Antwerp.

He is a surplus dealer. I go to www.milweb , then look on the column on the right side and find his advertisement to check things out.

Who knows--you may come home with a 1/1 scale model!!!!!

Hope this helps, Jim

Hi Matt,
That sounds great. Really looking forward to that kind of info.

Next part of the design session will be the bottom/chassis so that will ask for some seldom seen/hard to get info/measurements.
But I'll drop some lines here and see what rolls out.

Thanks in advance for all the info and I'll keep you (all) informed about the progress of the model.

Cheers,

Dennis
Here are some goodies for ya - there are some frame pictures and other stuff; just ask and I will get you what I can

Matt

Attachments

peolini

Here are some goodies for ya - there are some frame pictures and other stuff; just ask and I will get you what I can

Matt
Hi Matt,

Thanks for those. they are a great help.
I think I better go for the Type 30 compressor, because that is the one I've seen on most (almost all) pictures I found.

Can you get me some dimentions too.

Cheers,

Dennis

peolini

Compressor anyone?

Hi all,

After receiving the info on the IR 30 compressor I started doodleing and this is what I came up with.

I am still not really happy about the height of the longer compressor cylinder.

Can anybody give me some overall dimensions of an IR 30 so I can scale it down to 1/48th scale.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Dennis

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks