• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit locker

N1265

Anybody ever put a Detroit Locker in the rear of their M880. I am wondering how well it would work with the full time set-up and what the cost of instillation was .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not shure how well it would do and sure some have done it. Thought it was better to have them in heavy offroad machines. Know ARB is pricey but have you checked on them? Then you will control them as needed.

N1265

Not shure how well it would do and sure some have done it. Thought it was better to have them in heavy offroad machines. Know ARB is pricey but have you checked on them? Then you will control them as needed.
Not thinking about any other options right now, I just have an oppertunity to pick up a detroit locker and was giving it some thought.

sf38a1

If you can get it at a good price' why not . Just don't forget to include the price for all the shims, Bearings and the price to get it set up . Unless you can do it your self. I have never run a Detroit locker. I have had a dana Tru-track . I had it installed in the front of a 72 F250. That way I could unlock the front end , and free wheel . I did notice if the front was locked in, it was a bit harder to steer on the road , but couldn't feel it off road. Unfortunly M880 are full time. It is nice to have the added traction[thumbzup]

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my W400 has a Detroit Locker and is full time.
Yea that was the talk last thread they are allways locked so they should be call Detroit unlockers. Myself I still think if the money was there then I would put in ARB or an airlocker type front and back. If the price and set up is right then try them out. Let us know how you like them. I love mine when in the unleavel mud pit.

N1265

Many Thanks for the replies, I will have to give it some more thought because I did not consider new bearings and shims.

Bob, Are you running an open diff. in the front of your W400 ?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many Thanks for the replies, I will have to give it some more thought because I did not consider new bearings and shims.

Bob, Are you running an open diff. in the front of your W400 ?
Yes the D60 up front is open
Only issue I had was trying a slow tight turn on blacktop with my new mud terrains, didn't want to move at all, needed mo power!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks