• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Air Supply

poppop

Most people that use on board air offen usually add extra tanks for more capacity. I had a flat at the Ga Rally two years ago and used air from my 5 ton truck to power the air wrench. We had to break the lugs by hand and then used my half inch cheap impact to remove the nuts. It worked fine but I sat in the seat and kept the engine revved up for more air. Of course I had plenty of help, Ron used his wrecker to unload the spare and then lift the truck. Wreckerman manned the impact wrench and my friend Bob worked also. Then there was the cheering section, about 25 guys and gals cheering us on.:-D

Westech

CPL
I used the air on my deuce all the time.. If I had a big job I would set the idle to 2000 RPM and that would be good to supply 120 PSI for most Impact tools. There was one time we were installing a new pine board ceiling and we forgot the air compressor. Well the deuce just sat out side and idled for 11 hours. Worked great... only burned like 8 gallons of diesel.

dittle

It also depends on how many CFM of air your air tool requires to operate. I don't know what the compressor on a deuce supplies.

randyscycle

My A2 will run most air tools for short bursts. The big 1" impact will drain the tanks pretty fast, and my air operated pump will only work for about 20-30 seconds before the air pressure drops off.

I'd definitely add a bigger tank if you plan on using much air for the real air-hog tools like impacts and sanders and the like.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If I remember correctly, I believe Bjorn said the 2 piston pump was rated at 7.5 cfm. I have that one on my M109. The M35 I have, has a single piston pump and it seems like its "faster". Dunno what they are rated at.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks