• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce broken down on roadside-Napa part numer?

Flyingvan911

We are broken down on the Northbound side of US-69 in Kansas north of Fort Scott and south of Louisburg. The front outer wheel bearing has fragged. Can't find a Napa part number. Is there one? Searched and couldn't find one. We are trying to get one before any nearby store closes. Thanks. Does anyone nearby have a bearing?

davesgmc

so far, NO napa sore in the kc metro area sticks ANY of thos part #, not even the warehous. I just checked, am still looking though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I can send one out tomorrow if it would help. You could chain up a rear axle housing and pull the axle out, then use it's bearings on the front. At least you could get to a safe place that way.

davesgmc

adn no napa near the place has them in stock. the outer beaing isint in stock in any close oriley auto part either. Cant chec the car quest, but show knows, might get lucky. Worse comes to it, swipe bearings out of the rear and put tehm in he front and i come down with trailer and elmo to haul it here to the depot and repair it later.
looks like a set of bearings in the "tool box" is going to be in the future.....i thought we had his fronts apartnot too long ago and cleaned and repacked them?oh wel, youcnt read this right now any how, what am i thinkin? I shouldjust call you because by the tie you read this you will be home already.

Flyingvan911

Update... A parts store in Fort Scott said they have the correct bearing, based on the part number. Allan and Stagg are going to pick it up now. I hope it really is the right one. I'll keep everyone posted.

RealCavDog

DANG ! That sucks ! I guess you were heading back from D-Day, and sorry I didn't make it, but when my rear axle starting leaking on the A3, I wasn't about to chance tearing up a 700.00/800.00 bearing set ! Picked up some overtime to cover the seals on Friday, and was already working the weekend !

Anxious to hear an update on your situation, Jay

Flyingvan911

The parts store had the parts and they got going ok. They had a little hassle getting the race off of the spindle but everything else went smoothly concidering the circumstanses. Biggest thing is, everyone is safe.

Aswayze

Yup, we're back on the road.

I am home now and Stagg is headed back west to Ft. Riley with his. Carquest in Ft. Scott had both the inner and outer bearings so we managed to get everything fixed up good as new.

I'll post up some pics in a while, still unloading now. :)

91W350

We have a trailer on 900 x 20s and the rear suspension looks just like a deuce, torque rods, pivot, basic spring pack and all. Would anybody happen to know if they use the same bearings? If so, I need to gut that thing! Thanks, G

nk14zp

Yup, we're back on the road.

I am home now and Stagg is headed back west to Ft. Riley with his. Carquest in Ft. Scott had both the inner and outer bearings so we managed to get everything fixed up good as new.

I'll post up some pics in a while, still unloading now. :)
Just a heads up all the bearings from Carquest I have seen were Chinese crap that didn't last very long.2cents

hilber

Glad you made it home. I am new at this deuce thingie. Does this seem to be a common occurence? If so I better get me a set and keep with em along with proper tools.

davesgmc

best and easiest way to carry spare bearings is to pack them with grease, put them in your wifes vacuum seal bags and suck all the air out, it will actually puch the grease furhter intot he bearing doing so. p[lus it keeps it dry, clean and ready to be used. just vacuum seal it, toss it in the tool box and your ready for when ever you do need it. works good for cv joins and other parts you dont want getting wet or all gunky when storing them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks