• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel Tank Cap Leaking

DeucesWild11

I thought I would find an answer on this by searching but didn't find anything. Is it normal for some fuel to leak out around the fuel tank cap while driving? I have seen it on other deuces but it happens on mine every time I take her out. I tried adjusting the gasket and spring in the cap itself, that helped a little. If I just buy a brand new cap will that solve the problem?

Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think both my Deuces and the 813 all leak a little if it sloshes around.

searls84

My deuce leaked also anytime I drove it. I replaced the oring seal and doesn't leak a drop. Might also check and make sure the lip on the tank where the seal sets isn't bent or deformed.

DeucesWild11

Cool, that's the info I was looking for, I am going to take a look at where I can get a seal and also check the condition of the rim of the tank.

I have seen new Caps out there for about $12, if I can't get it to seal I may just get a new one.

DeucesWild11

So got a new Vented cap from Saturn the other day. It's nice because you can switch from vented to Non Vented if you are fording. I do have the strainer installed and the new cap fits allot more tightly and helps with the fuel leaking allot. However, it still leaked a little so I switched to Non-Vented. Then I drove it around and noticed a power loss. Felt like the wheels were dragging but I just recently adjusted them.

Is it possible that setting the cap to Non-Vented would cause a vacuum in the tank causing the fuel to flow less? I am going to switch it back to Vented and see if that makes a difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks