• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hard to start when hot

RodUSMC1962

Hi folks: I have a 1952 studebaker gasser that is very hard to start when hot. I had the carb rebuilt,points,plugs,etc.Use a lead additive with no results. I am told to move the fuel line as far away from the block as possable,and one guy who is very knowledgeable with dueces says to add 1 quart of diesel fuel to a full tank of gas. I appreciate your ideas on this.Thanks Rod

smoke

Could be the timing is to advanced. A buddy of mine had a old 350 that would start and run great when cold but once he would shut off start it back up hot it would crank and crank found timing was to advanced. I don't know if gasser have a fixed dist or not. If not fixed I check timing.my two2cents

JasonS

I made several mods to my truck to improve hard starting: holley encomaster carb which is less susceptible to heat soak, electronic ignition with civvy distriibutor for hotter spark, and 12V armature to spin it over faster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks