• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce highway radials size?

nhdiesel

For those who have experience with them, can anyone tell me the size and brand the military usually uses when they put highway radials on a Deuce? I'm not talking about the all-terrain Michelins, but the road tread tires like used on over the road trucks. Several in the last GL batch in Kentucky have them, including mine.

Jim

Alredneck

Banned
Most likely the G177s, but the use others as well, let me dig through the tire pile and find out.:roll:

nhdiesel

I just got back from my father's, and he happened to have a pair of the same tread tires that came on one of his Deuces, and they aren't the 177s. Now I forgot the number, of course, but you can see the tread pattern here:

My Tires

And yes, his were 1100s, so that should make my trip back a bit smoother (and slightly quicker).

Jim

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a set just like those sitting next to my garage and now I am drawing a blank on the numbers...aren't they G286???

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck had a new set of Goodyear 124's when I picked it up at the base. They are 9.00x20's.

I also run Michelin 1100R20 XZL's on a couple of my trucks since I got them home. They are great!

Attachments

Last edited:

nhdiesel

I've got a set just like those sitting next to my garage and now I am drawing a blank on the numbers...aren't they G286???
Those are the ones! That tread pattern looks like it would be a decent all-around tire. Not good for real off road, but should give some decent traction in snow, and be quiet and smooth on the highway. I can't wait to do the recovery to find out!

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks