• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce ladder question

gunboy1656

I was recently given the go ahead and buy a deuce boarding ladder for a cargo truck. I have looked all around and the only ones I can find do not have the handrails.

So what I am looking for are the dimensions for the hand rail to fabricate my own. Unless one of you can point me to one that does have a hand rail.

Out of all the sites I looked at I found one on an auction site (not the usual sites) that was complete, except the bottom of the ladder was crushed and the auction ended a while ago.

The temporary ladder is not cutting it, it is heavy and awkward to load in the truck and takes up too much room.

gunboy1656

James that looks like a great idea, but I don't think very useful for a few of the vets I haul. if it was just me using it it would be great. Thanks for the link though.

My dad found this at work being scrapped since it was damaged. and this is what it looks like after. Also I want to keep it military.

Attachments

gunboy1656

That might be a little too long, need a semi to haul it. :razz::razz: Like I said I found the correct one, but no hand rails.

The members can get up the one I have, but it "locks" into place and does not want to let loose to be put in the truck. So it takes a couple of us to get it in the truck.

jamesfrom180

I was thinking the gang way set up across the tailgate. You could winch it up and go for a parade. I am always being told I "over engineer things" guess it comes with being an engineer.:oops:

1stSarge

Thanks…

I think I see a strap on the bottom, is that how it is attached? ( looking to possibly fab up a rail something like this but want to stow it on the rack on the back of the M109)

gunboy1656

The 109's used a slightly different ladder, biggest difference was how it connected to the truck. The shelter (S250) I used had a ladder rack mounted on it where you would put the ladder up and a clamp would hold the rungs in place. I will see if I have a pic of that set up for you later tonight.

A

A/C Cages

The cheaper ladder for getting out is just shove them, thump, see they are out.
But then again the medical bills might cost more then the ladder. lol

seems like a peice of electrical conduit bent 2x and mounted to the sides with a pin might work and its cheap???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn used to have them. I would guess Memphis or Clark might also have one or two laying around.

gunboy1656

The cheaper ladder for getting out is just shove them, thump, see they are out.
But then again the medical bills might cost more then the ladder. lol

seems like a peice of electrical conduit bent 2x and mounted to the sides with a pin might work and its cheap???
Well I know how to get them out, just back up fast and slam the brakes. But then the medical part crossed my mind and that killed that idea fast.

I have steel tubing sitting here from one of my last jobs, but no ladder to make the tubing fit with. And I was told that they were going to the board to get the purchase approved and then buy it so it might be some time, who knows. I would rather have the dimensions now and make it now so I don't have to be in a rush right before a parade.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front line is advertising the NSN for the ladder with rail. Spruce Mountain lists the ladder with no rail (I'd make one from conduit).[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks