• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce oil leak Need HELP

I just recently purchased a Deuce and have an oil leak where the engine and tranny bolt together. I have had the rear main seal replaced, but the leak comes back, usually worse than before. The mechanic I have working on it has tried fixing it twice, but we can't stop the leak. Any suggestions ???

Thanks in advance

Mark

Thanks for the reply. If there is a clog will this show on the oil pressure gauge as well? The oil pressure has been steady since I picked up the Deuce.

bgekky3

When I did the clutch on my truck the rear main was dry, but there seemed to be oil comming from the starter area. The back of the engine was dry, but there was oil on the right side of the bell housing. We cleaned it up and put it back together. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I will check the crankcase vent tomorrow when I put on the spin ons on, Thanks John.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply. If there is a clog will this show on the oil pressure gauge as well? The oil pressure has been steady since I picked up the Deuce.
No, no effect on th oil pressure. Are you sure it is engine oil? Also remember, oil leaks start high and drip or run down. Check the head gasket, valve cover and tappit cover. Maybe it is external.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks