• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Speedo Cable

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced mine two weeks ago. My speedometer was always jerking up and down, especially at low speeds. Physically, my old cable sheath looked good before removing it. Once I removed the old one, it was obvious that the cable should have been replaced years ago. The replacement was very easy and completely solved my problems.

Kloakndagr

Hi there, got a question for ya if ya don't mine. I just recovered my deuce tonight, 270 miles, my speedo cable went out about 25 miles from home. Can you tell me where you got your replacement cable and the part number -- thanks a bunch. It's site is freaking awsome!!!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lex I replaced mine last year and one of the big things is to make sure that you lubricate the cable, pull the guts out of the protective cover and put a conservative coating over the entire inside spring cable assembly, reassemble and install. Its this lack of lubricant that usually destroys them in the first place!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks