• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce starter model number

scoutmanadam

i need to replace the bendix on my starter in my 70 ldt continental deuce and i cant find any number stamped on it or on a tag on the starter so that i can order the right bendix. if anyone happens to know the model number for the starter and a good source for the parts, i would most appreciate it.

stevegr

Leece-Neville starter on my 1971 M35A2 with LDT-465-1D needed replaced. Local starter shops would not rebuild it because they do not rebuild Leece-Neville. They wanted to sell me a reman Delco for $250 with 6 month warranty. They would not take the Leece for the core charge because they do not rebuild Leece. Called Delco-Remy tech, gave them the specs off my Leece starter and found a brand new new model Delco that will fit. It is aluminum, weighs about 33 lbs and has an indexable mounting flange with no nose cone. I called around and the best price I found was $328 out the door from Glen at http://www.diesel-plus.com/home.cfm I bought it, had to rotate the mounting flange to clear some items, installed it and it has worked great so far.

Model 39MT (there are several part #'s but only one that will replace the multifuel 12 tooth that I have)
Delco Remy Part #: 8200435 drawing is attached
Warranty: 3 years

Attachments

dilligaf13

I spoke with Delco Remy. They advised the 39MT is the civilian version and is not water proof. The 42MT is supposed to be the military version and waterproof.

Thanks for the link to diesel-plus. I'm working on them getting one for me.

stevegr

Not sure who you spoke with at Delco Remy but Dennis Isbell in Tech Support was very helpfull.
Dennis Isbell
Tech Support
1-800-372-0222, #2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks