• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce starts easy idles fine let off throttle dies but restarts right away

ah1955

Back in 2016 my deuce would not start, after researching here, and help from a member here I pulled the HH and found the clip off the plunger, nothing seemed bent or broken, put all back together and truck started right up but I did notice that when you would bring up off idle with the throttle then take your foot off throttle it would stumble but wouldn't stall. In the four years since I have only started it up about three times, she would start first time everytime, but still had that stumble. Friday I went to start it, have a guy coming to look at buying it, yes time has come to get rid of her. Fuel was old and didn't smell good, dumped it out put fresh in, pumped old fuel out of lines Fired right up idled fine Still had that stumble in it, but after running for awhile I went to move it an when I let off the throttle it died but restarts right up.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What rpm do you let it idle at? 700 is good. Too low and it rattles and can start stumbling.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ah1955

What rpm do you let it idle at? 700 is good. Too low and it rattles and can start stumbling.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Not sure, tach quit working, I looked back at a pic. I took after I did the HH and that shows 500 not sure if that is right, cable may have been dry and dragging, and it final quit. I read a post that said the two screws that are safety wired in the throttle rod housing could be too tight. Don't know if that could cause my issue.

Dipstick

Could it be that your fuel stop cable is adjusted so there isn't any slack in the stop/fuel cut-off cable with the stop handle all the way in? It connects to the same linkage rod that the throttle pedal uses. I replaced my throttle pedal, linkage rod, and return spring when my throttle pedal began sticking at 1,500 rpm due to corrosion of the pedal floor bracket. So the throttle and the stop cable are mechanically related to each other and mis-adjustment in one can affect the other. I would loosen the set screw on the stop cable and put a bit of slack in it just to see if it helps. It's easy to do.

Dipstick

Sorry. I made a mistake. It's the hand throttle cable that is connected to the fuel linkage rod. Still, I would inspect the fuel cut-off/engine stop cable to see if it's adjusted too tightly. It pulls/operates on a small lever on the injection pump if my memory serves me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks