• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce surge tanks

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking to several different guys in forums who said they were looking at adding some sort of radiator puke (surge ) tank on there trucks and several
pretty horrid sounding adaptations were discussed, none of which in my mind sounded pleasant to look at much less functional in use. SOOOOhh! when I found these (see attachments) I about ripped the guys arm off and took all he had. They were evidently used on something of armor origin being painted white. I wrote the dimensions of all the outlets ,as well as the lngth.& dia. on
the one I took pics of ,hope it shows up on the Thumbnails . Anyhow I felt these
would be easily adapted to the Deuce as well as many other MV's , so please before I post any sales adds can I please get some feed back on them.
There is a radiator cap flange on the top(brass)and the rest of the tank appears to be aluminum . I thought I would go on the armor forum and see if anyone recognizes what they came on originally. Well that's my 2cents now how bout :
yours?.........................................

Thanks popacom........KI4QQB in KY.:-D

Attachments

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess that answers my question! .............you try and fill a supposed need ,spend time ,effort and money trying to be helpful,....................seventy some people look and -0- leave any feedback:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:
Oh well ?.............I TRIED!!! rofl
popacom......................:???:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest, I don't really see the need in a puke tank. I changed the antifreeze in my truck right after I got it and the level has stayed right at the top ever since.

rmgill

If you added a surge tank would it do any good? The cap is designed to relieve pressure at a certain point. Once that excess pressure is gone, you'd never suck the fluid back into the tank because the cap would be under pressure again and not allow a reverse flow into the radiator.

It would allow you to save blown out radiator fluid, but you'd not recover it to the radiator automatically.

mcmullag

green fluid for green trucks

The deuce I have, has had the same engine coolant in it for 2 years. (I will change it this summer) I check the fluid level often and it is always at the same level in the neck. I dont know how it does it, but evidently they knew what they were doing when they designed that engine. 2cents

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEY GUYS! ................look everybody, as I said earlier I was just responding to what I perceived as a legit concern. I have been a mechanic for many years but had little diesel
experience, however to answer the question of the cap relieving pressure I would respond how did it work on the vehicle this tank came off originally,and how does it work on the car or trucks
and cars (civy) that we drive every day? I know that all it takes is the one time one of these trucks does experienne overflow that causes a more catastrophic event maybe it will get answered till then if anyone figures it out ,,contact me I got 30 of these pretty little wht tanks!!!!
roflThanks! popacom.......Bill

greenjeepster

Mine was puking, I drained the coolant down so it is just barely visible in the fill neck. Problem solved. I would be interested to know what those tanks came off of and why they have so many inlet/outlets?

I am not a fabricator so they would not be very useful to me; I have no way to install it.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first guess is that they were originally on an armored vehicle configuration , I looked at a bumch of V-100 pics did'nt see anything like it there,went on the tank forum and posted but no one there has responded with any application so far, so I just keep looking. The M-561
Gama Goat uses a tank similar in design ,but that is the closest cousin I have found thus far.
If anyone can answer 100% what they fit I'll send them one "FREE" LOL oh well as I said before, I got'em if anyone can figure out give me a PM and in case they don't I am gonna spend some time figuring out how to cook these things in case I have to eat them"WHEN IT COMES TO THE POINT OF,DO I LAUGH? >>>>>>>>OR DO I CRY? ...........You can bet I won't be wiping my eyes!!!"rofl

THANKS!.....popacom / Bill

rustystud

Hello Popacom, that tank looks like a hydraulic reservoir. The busses I work on have something very similar looking. How much where you going to ask for them ?
rustystud.

shannondeese

I use two deuces for a tree service and both need a catch can. Right now when we park in people's yards to work we put large trash bags filled with wood chips under the trucks anywhere they might drip. It's easy but a catch can would be a lot better. Let me know what you want for two. Thanks.

JasonS

If you added a surge tank would it do any good? The cap is designed to relieve pressure at a certain point. Once that excess pressure is gone, you'd never suck the fluid back into the tank because the cap would be under pressure again and not allow a reverse flow into the radiator.

It would allow you to save blown out radiator fluid, but you'd not recover it to the radiator automatically.
Depends on what type of radiator cap. Most allow coolant to flow back in. I had one on my gasser M35 but had to take it off when I installed the multifuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks