• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Telecon Model 20 Auger body

abh3

Anyone familiar w/ the Telecon Model 20 auger body as fitted to some Deuces for powerline work? They look to be full hydraulic units, any idea how the hydraulic pump is driven, pump specs, etc? Thanks

abh3

Can't seem to get to the TMs anymore, it just links back to the SS front page when I click... Searched as well and found nothing.

I've figured out Terex started making them in the early 60's, that's about all I can find, no manuals, etc have come to light thus far for such old and uncommon industrial equipment. I suspect the body would fit many trucks depending on the contractor/utilities needs, I was curious about the M35's PTO/hydraulics arrangement for this application, that's probably suffered the most weathering over the years of open storage. Auger gearbox, boom, etc. are probably salvageable...

Talk about putting up a deer stand WAY down in the woods!!

cruzinz28

I believe I have the power divider off an auger truck with the drive shaft that connects it to the rear pto output behind the cab. This would allow you to run a winch behind the cabe and then the auger at the rear of the truck.

jatonka

It is a civilian digger-derrick, smaller than the Telect Captain, used for telephone pole line which were smaller than electric poles. Telecons were used from the late 50s on thru the mid 70s. All hydraulic, boom tip winch, one hydraulic extension, usually equipped with hydraulic tool outlets for a pole pulling jack which is VERY powerful. I used to run them for a signal outfit I worked for. They ran off a normal transmission PTO nothing elaborate. Good luck, they are OK. JT out

ryan77

I could have used that this weekend for the 25 fence post i out in!! Inspector made me put them 36" deep, I live on a **** rock quarry 6" top soil and solid rock and clay!!!:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks